Ping Alycidon

Old March 18th 16, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

Default Ping Alycidon

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:02:37 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

But he still got the percentage change right (to the nearest whole
number) and could not be charged with being wrong in *any* sense,
whereas your position is less secure, as has been demonstrated.

Says the man who worked out 9% - 8% as (9/8)*10.
Old March 18th 16, 07:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:02:37 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

How about, "A reduction from 9% ABV to 8% ABV is a reduction of 1% ABV"?

That would be accurate, though hardly elegant. And like "How now, brown
cow", hardly likely to come up in conversation all that often.

Exactly - which is why Plankwit left off the ABV in his erroneous statement.
Old March 18th 16, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:02:37 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

It was already clear that you regard yourself as his social and
educational superior (whether that is true is not something on which I
am even likely to comment).

That is a little misleading.

I regard everyone as being Plankwit's "social and educational superior". In as much as I am included in "everyone", your statement is true, but by a margin of everyone minus one, incomplete.
Old March 18th 16, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/03/2016 07:25, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:02:37 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

But he still got the percentage change right (to the nearest whole
number) and could not be charged with being wrong in *any* sense,
whereas your position is less secure, as has been demonstrated.

Says the man who worked out 9% - 8% as (9/8)*10.

We don't always take as much time over these things as we ought to.

And if you don't believe me, ask the man who worked out 20% of 2.6 as 0.6.
Old March 18th 16, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 18/03/2016 07:29, Tom Crispin wrote:

On Friday, March 18, 2016 at 2:02:37 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

How about, "A reduction from 9% ABV to 8% ABV is a reduction of 1% ABV"?

That would be accurate, though hardly elegant. And like "How now, brown
cow", hardly likely to come up in conversation all that often.

Exactly - which is why Plankwit left off the ABV in his erroneous statement.

A. His statement was in no way erroneous. That has been established.

B. Using phrases like "ABV" does not aid understanding. We are all
familiar with percentage strengths listed for alcoholic drinks and do
not need to have that acronym quoted.

Old September 6th 16, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 16 March 2016 16:48:41 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 20:02:40 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 March 2016 19:19:28 UTC, Part Timer wrote:
What do you reckon to your old adversary's confession?

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...-y/gGbkt6u7gKE

Interesting - He always said that I was killing myself with sub 5% stuff, but I know that 30 paracetamol tablets in 12 hrs is fatal, but 30 in a week is no problem.

However, since I now make my own beer and have no access to gas chromatography analysis, I don't know how strong mine is anymore.

The evidence.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crhfpp8WcAA2W5_.jpg