YCMIU Cyclist throws bike at car

Old April 13th 16, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default YCMIU Cyclist throws bike at car

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 11:55:30 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:51:35 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

It is now called Vehicle Tax, bicycles are zero rated as are many cars.

The name is irrelevant.

So you agree cyclists pay VED.
Or are you saying those who pay more Vehicle Tax have greater priority on the roads?

Cyclists have to pay the same when they purchase petrol.

How much petrol does your bicycle use?

A non zero amount, although mainly diesel.
Are you saying that those who use most fuel have higher priority?
My petrol automatic car probably uses more fuel that yours so you need to get out of my way, especially when I am on my bicycle and my taxed car is on private property.

Where did I claim that?

That's all we think she may have done.

You are bipolar?

Old April 13th 16, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:05:45 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

Only if you're a ****ing idiot. If you're pushing a bicycle, you're a cyclist. You may have different road rules to follow while pushing it, but you are still a cyclist, just as I am still a motorist while push starting my car.

Are you a motorist or cyclist if you have a bicycle on the roof of the car you are driving?
Old April 13th 16, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Macaw

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:38:08 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 11:55:30 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 23:51:35 +0100, Simon Jester wrote:

It is now called Vehicle Tax, bicycles are zero rated as are many cars.

The name is irrelevant.

So you agree cyclists pay VED.

I didn't say that whatsoever. They only pay it if they have a car, then they are also drivers.

Or are you saying those who pay more Vehicle Tax have greater priority on the roads?

They should do. They go faster.

Cyclists have to pay the same when they purchase petrol.

How much petrol does your bicycle use?

A non zero amount, although mainly diesel.

Funny, my bicycle uses only calories, and I don't drink diesel.

Are you saying that those who use most fuel have higher priority?

Try arguing with a lorry when you're cycling.

My petrol automatic car probably uses more fuel that yours so you need to get out of my way, especially when I am on my bicycle and my taxed car is on private property.

When your car is on private property, why would I need to get out of the way of it?

Where did I claim that?

That's all we think she may have done.

You are bipolar?

No, and why does that compute from the previous discussion?

--
63% of men have had sex in the shower.
The other 37% have never been to prison.
Old April 13th 16, 01:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Macaw

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 00:45:47 +0100, Tom Crispin wrote:

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:05:45 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

Only if you're a ****ing idiot. If you're pushing a bicycle, you're a cyclist. You may have different road rules to follow while pushing it, but you are still a cyclist, just as I am still a motorist while push starting my car.

Are you a motorist or cyclist if you have a bicycle on the roof of the car you are driving?

Both. Unless it's your wife's bicycle.

--
The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will say "Specify type of goat." -- Rich Jeni
Old April 13th 16, 06:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 22:12:31 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:06:56 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

If the cyclist was walking on the road instead of the pavement, she had every right to get annoyed.

You just said that if you are pushing a bicycle then you are a cyclist.
Then you said someone pushing a bicycle should be on the pavement.
This means you think cyclists should ride on the pavement.

If I am cycling and want to cross the road on a zebra, I will dismount and cross as a pedestrian carrying hand luggage. If I was still a cyclist, I would be breaking the law, ergo I am now a pedestrian.

Old April 13th 16, 06:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 22:43:31 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:06:56 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

Why are you calling a cyclist a paying road user when they pay nothing? Why are you calling a driver of a car a subsidised user when they pay two taxes cyclists don't?

Which taxes are those?

This bloke charges his zero rated VED car from roof solar panels and so pays no taxes at all.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/8216-...ail/story.html
Old April 13th 16, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 12/04/2016 23:36, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2016 22:43:29 +0100, Simon Jester
wrote:

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:06:56 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

Why are you calling a cyclist a paying road user when they pay
nothing? Why are you calling a driver of a car a subsidised user
when they pay two taxes cyclists don't?

Which taxes are those?

Car tax (VED) and 400% tax on petrol.

The primary road user was walking facing oncoming traffic as
recommended by the Highway Code.
I suppose there is no possibly that the tertiary road user
illegally sounded it's horn aggressively and used it's vehicle as a
weapon.

If the cyclist was walking on the road instead of the pavement, she
had every right to get annoyed.

There was no suggestion of a footway being available.
Even if there was how is attempted murder justified?

Hooting a horn is attempted murder?

Cyclist horned to death! :-)

--
Bod
Old April 13th 16, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/04/2016 06:32, Alycidon wrote:

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 22:12:31 UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:06:56 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

If the cyclist was walking on the road instead of the pavement, she had every right to get annoyed.

You just said that if you are pushing a bicycle then you are a cyclist.
Then you said someone pushing a bicycle should be on the pavement.
This means you think cyclists should ride on the pavement.

If I am cycling and want to cross the road on a zebra, I will dismount and cross as a pedestrian carrying hand luggage. If I was still a cyclist, I would be breaking the law, ergo I am now a pedestrian.

What is this strange concept of a road-going vehicle "crossing the road"?

Does anyone ever cross a road with a car or a lorry?
Old April 13th 16, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/04/2016 00:45, Tom Crispin wrote:

On Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 10:05:45 PM UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

Only if you're a ****ing idiot. If you're pushing a bicycle, you're a cyclist. You may have different road rules to follow while pushing it, but you are still a cyclist, just as I am still a motorist while push starting my car.

Are you a motorist or cyclist if you have a bicycle on the roof of the car you are driving?

:-)

Now that is more like the ukrc of old!
Old April 13th 16, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen

JNugent wrote:
On 12/04/2016 13:23, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
JNugent wrote:
On 12/04/2016 11:14, MrCheerful wrote:

http://www.dissexpress.co.uk/news/la...ough-1-7324390

Lone female victim. Again.

http://www.london24.com/news/cyclist...bank_1_4121144

The story in the OP was about a deliberate crime committed by a cyclist
against a lone female (unfortunately, not as rare an occurrence as it
ought to be).

Your citation seems to be about a traffic accident.

What's the connection (if any)?

There is no such thing as 'an accident', you thick, tory troll.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'