Ironic Ad in Bicycling Magazine

Old February 21st 04, 09:08 PM
mary

Default Ironic Ad in Bicycling Magazine

I guess about two months or so ago a mountain biker was killed by a mountain
lion or at least attacked. In the March issue of Bicycling Magazine there is
an ad for Honda. It shows a "hiker, biker?" sleeping in the wild with a
mountain lion with its arms wrapped around him. I wonder if the ad agency
for Honda wonders if their timing was wrong?

Tom

Old February 21st 04, 09:58 PM
Jenny

"mary" wrote in
:
I guess about two months or so ago a mountain biker was killed by a
mountain lion or at least attacked. In the March issue of Bicycling
Magazine there is an ad for Honda. It shows a "hiker, biker?" sleeping
in the wild with a mountain lion with its arms wrapped around him. I
wonder if the ad agency for Honda wonders if their timing was wrong?

Wasn't there a thread on this 2 months ago?
Old February 21st 04, 10:07 PM
David Kerber

In article , tombates@city-
net.com says...
I guess about two months or so ago a mountain biker was killed by a mountain
lion or at least attacked. In the March issue of Bicycling Magazine there is
an ad for Honda. It shows a "hiker, biker?" sleeping in the wild with a
mountain lion with its arms wrapped around him. I wonder if the ad agency
for Honda wonders if their timing was wrong?

That same ad was in last month's issue as well, only a couple of weeks
after the event.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old February 21st 04, 10:13 PM
FloridaBent

In article , tombates@city-
net.com says...
I guess about two months or so ago a mountain biker was killed by a mountain
lion or at least attacked. In the March issue of Bicycling Magazine there is
an ad for Honda. It shows a "hiker, biker?" sleeping in the wild with a
mountain lion with its arms wrapped around him. I wonder if the ad agency
for Honda wonders if their timing was wrong?

That same ad was in last month's issue as well, only a couple of weeks
after the event.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

And, as pointed out -- repeatedly -- magazine ads are made up months in
advance, so the timing of the ads had nothing to do with the attacks.

Bill, riding bent in Florida
(hence the screen name)
To e-mail, remove undies