Red lights jumping - interesting survey

Old May 14th 08, 08:04 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Red lights jumping - interesting survey

On 13 May, 23:25, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Squashme wrote:
Evening Standard today has the results of a survey by the Institute of
Advanced Motorists:-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-details/Charg...
the+red+light+brigade/article.do

"At Piccadilly Circus 101 roadusers jumped red lights in three hours,
including 43 cyclists, 27 car drivers, eight motorcyclists, one lorry
driver and 22 vans".

Apparently even cars do it

so the survey endorses everything that has been said he

* More cyclists jump red lights than car drivers.
* Cyclists simply ignore red lights.
* Drivers take a chance in the first few seconds as the lights change.

Excellent piece of research showing what stupid ****s cyclists are.

we are not worthy.

You are ****ing stupid, but this is hardly news given your years of
bleating stupid arguments that even a child can see through.

Do I note a sudden upsurge in 'lets blame the cyclists shall we' on
this transport newsgroup? The motorists who dominate and infest the NG
must be feeling a tad harassed. They have had a go at just about every
other kind of road and rail transport recently and now its the turn of
the cyclists. Note though how they love those major polluters they use
for their holidays, planes.

I would just like to point out that, as very vulnerable road users who
face death on a daily basis from out-of-control lethal machines,
cyclists primary aim is to protect themselves, either by riding on the
pavements or going through red lights before the mass of traffic has a
chance to overtake them and force them into the kerb or worse,
particularly if they wish to turn right and there is no ASL, which
drives don't observe anyway

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Old May 14th 08, 08:10 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_4_]

Squashme wrote:
[...]

Wrong again Doug.

Certain people have always been ready to "have a go" at cyclists.

You can't even get a basic fact lke that correct can you?

Why don't you just go and play with your friends?

Old May 14th 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Squashme wrote:
[...]

And so the needle is put on the front of the record again, to play the
same message.

--
Tony the Dragon
Old May 14th 08, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Squashme wrote:
[...]

How?

--
Tony the Dragon

Old May 14th 08, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Brimstone[_4_]

Roger Thorpe wrote:
Ian D Henden wrote:

Squashme wrote:

Evening Standard today has the results of a survey by the
Institute of Advanced Motorists:-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-details/Charg...
the+red+light+brigade/article.do

Wrong again Doug.

Certain people have always been ready to "have a go" at cyclists.

You can't even get a basic fact lke that correct can you?

Why don't you just go and play with your friends?

Spot the flaw......

crosspost to uk.cycling removed

re-instated.

Please, doug keep this argument out of u.r.c., it's only going to
degenerate into the usual nit picking, personal attack based crap that
is endemic to u.t. and it is hardly interesting.
Roger
O, and another thing, please don't imagine that you speak for all
cyclists when you defend pavement cycling or red light jumping.

There's only one person on uk.transport who does that, but he refuses to
learn from the sensible, reasonable people who use bicycles.

Even
if neither of these things were dangerous they erode our status as
legitimate road users.

Well said.

Old May 14th 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Steve Firth

Doug wrote:

Do I note a sudden upsurge in 'lets blame the cyclists shall we' on
this transport newsgroup?

No, you shoudl have noted that a ****witted cyclist attempted to use
research that identifies cyclists as habitual red-light jumpers to
justify and anti-motorist rant.

You have denied in the past that cyclists are more prolific red-light
jumpers than car drivers. This research proves you wrong:

"At Piccadilly Circus 101 roadusers jumped red lights in three hours,
including 43 cyclists, 27 car drivers,"

Usign Duhgmaths that's almost twice as many cyclists as car drivers.
Old May 14th 08, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brian Whitehead

On 14 May, 11:50, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Doug wrote:
Do I note a sudden upsurge in 'lets blame the cyclists shall we' on
this transport newsgroup?

No, you shoudl have noted that a ****witted cyclist attempted to use
research that identifies cyclists as habitual red-light jumpers to
justify and anti-motorist rant.

You have denied in the past that cyclists are more prolific red-light
jumpers than car drivers. This research proves you wrong:

"At Piccadilly Circus 101 roadusers jumped red lights in three hours,
including 43 cyclists, 27 car drivers,"

Usign Duhgmaths that's almost twice as many cyclists as car drivers.

Surely that is 0.08% as many cyclists as car drivers, if we are using
DuhgMaths(*)?

* i.e. where Bollen can't be bothered to even try and do the calc, and
just makes up a number which suits his argument

Old May 14th 08, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Doug wrote:
Do I note a sudden upsurge in 'lets blame the cyclists shall we' on
this transport newsgroup?

No, you shoudl have noted that a ****witted cyclist attempted to use
research that identifies cyclists as habitual red-light jumpers to
justify and anti-motorist rant.

A RANT!!!! You great armoured jelly! A RANTTTT!!!! I thought that you
were tougher than that.

You have denied in the past that cyclists are more prolific red-light
jumpers than car drivers. This research proves you wrong:

"At Piccadilly Circus 101 roadusers jumped red lights in three hours,
including 43 cyclists, 27 car drivers,"

Incomplete that quote, isn't it?

Usign Duhgmaths that's almost twice as many cyclists as car drivers.

And using Firthanomics to slice and dice motorists:-

"At Trafalgar Square, researchers spotted 117 road-users charging
through lights after they turned red over a three-hour period. Fifty
one were cyclists, 13 were motorcyclists and 23 were car drivers.

Eighteen vans shot through on red, as well as four police vehicles not
on emergency calls, three lorries and five buses."

117 road users, 51 were cyclists, so 66 were motorists.

And:-
"At Piccadilly Circus 101 roadusers jumped red lights in three hours,
including 43 cyclists, 27 car drivers, eight motorcyclists, one lorry
driver and 22 vans. A similar pattern emerged at the junction of
Kensington High Street and Kensington Church Street."

101 road users, 43 were cyclists, so 58 were motorists.

So the majority of the perps were motorists, in this not very
scientific survey.

Old May 14th 08, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Conor[_2_]

In article 5d3e07d3-dd92-46d6-b2a0-3d9172dbc086
@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, Doug says...

I would just like to point out that, as very vulnerable road users who
face death on a daily basis from out-of-control lethal machines,
cyclists primary aim is to protect themselves, either by riding on the
pavements or going through red lights before the mass of traffic has a
chance to overtake them and force them into the kerb or worse,
particularly if they wish to turn right and there is no ASL, which
drives don't observe anyway

Because jumping red lights worked out real well for that cyclist that
got killed the other month, didn't it?

I recall you bleating on about how it was the car drivers fault for
complying with the RTA, unlike the cyclist.

--
Conor

looking good either. - Scott Adams