kool stop V-brake pads

Old May 19th 08, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_3_]

Default kool stop V-brake pads

Clive George wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

Can you get koolstop salmon cartridge pads from anywhere? Not dual
compound, all-salmon.

Well I wouldn't ask for them in a bakery ... but many decent bike
shops will have them, or something very similar.

You might be surprised - I've not seen koolstop in any bike shop I've
been in recently, including what many would count as decent ones.

In some parts it may be easier to order online ..
http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=s...tridge&ie=UTF-
8&oe =utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GBfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1

Wiggle don't sell them - you're looking at caliper brakes, not Vs.
LBS closed a couple of years ago, so it needs to be some form of mail
order.

(I did have a look at what I consider the usual suspects, and a bit
of a general google before asking...)

Hmmm, sorry about that, I just copied the link without actually
checking, my bad.

LBS (Doncaster, Ultimate Sports) did have them a few weeks ago, I'll
drop by later and enquire if they've still got some.

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old May 19th 08, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

[...]

S'ok, the dotbike link from Pete looks pretty useful, as well as the ebay
idea from "Peter Pan". Shall be adding them to my list of usual suspects.

cheers,
clive

Old May 21st 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PoB

"Pete Biggs" wrote in
message ...

| Wiggle don't sell them - I'd checked them :-)
|
| "Discontinued - no longer available". Bum. I've just checked in the
| shed and I've only got one pair left :-(
|
| Wiggle state that for the items that *they* no longer sell. It doesn't
| necessarily mean the product is no longer being made.

Just for the record, cos I nearly died of fright thinking that I couldn't
get salmons no more, Koolstop definitely still make them...

http://www.koolstop.com/brakes/index...hor-that-39073

Cheers,

pOB

Old May 22nd 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_3_]

Clive George wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
Clive George wrote:

[...]

Good. Only got a chance to pop into the LBS today ... they do normally
stock them but don't have any at present, they haven't had any for " a
few months, dunno how long", and added that they aren't expecting to
re-stock them in the near future as they can't get them in sufficient
quantities!

Seems like everyone wants them but no-one can get them.