What good does a 'horn' do for a traditional bike seat?

Old March 10th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
TBerk

Default What good does a 'horn' do for a traditional bike seat?

I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

Rhetorical question; when you go sit on a fence, do you normally
straddle it or do you sit at a 90 degree angle?

TBerk

Old March 10th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Mar 9, 10:14*pm, jim beam wrote:
TBerk wrote:
I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

Rhetorical question; when you go sit on a fence, do you normally
straddle it or do you sit at a 90 degree angle?

TBerk

cT = 1.0- Hide quoted text -

THE HORN CRUSHES THE PUDENDUM

Spec offered a saddle in a T shape, rider sat on the rear rectangle:
unpopular
can't get the damn philistines to buy value and design
Old March 10th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
TBerk

On Mar 9, 7:14*pm, jim beam wrote:

cT = 1.0

??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computed_tomography
Old March 10th 09, 03:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

TBerk wrote:
I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

Rhetorical question; when you go sit on a fence, do you normally
straddle it or do you sit at a 90 degree angle?

TBerk

Dumbass,

Most people don't try to pedal a fence.
Old March 10th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Carl Sundquist wrote:
TBerk wrote:
I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

Rhetorical question; when you go sit on a fence, do you normally
straddle it or do you sit at a 90 degree angle?

TBerk

Dumbass,

Most people don't try to pedal a fence.

But fencing could be considered a form of peddling.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 10th 09, 09:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:09:57 -0700 (PDT), TBerk
wrote:

I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

It bangs the drums!!!!
Old March 10th 09, 09:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

So you can ride with no hands and steer the bike.

Interesting comment. And there is some truth to that.

Old March 10th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 9, 9:09 pm, TBerk wrote:
I started brainstorming a new kind of seat, only to discover that
others had beat me to most of the problem solving/'been there
already...'.

So, why shouldn't I just hacksaw off that part in the front that
sticks out anyway? (Wait, that doesn't read right.)

I saw a wide but short front-to-back bike seat at Target off all
places. No horn in front. Super wide.

Why would every seat, well almost every seat, most every seat from who
knows when need a horn on it?

Rhetorical question; when you go sit on a fence, do you normally
straddle it or do you sit at a 90 degree angle?

TBerk

Depends on whether I've got a Lane Bryant catalog to browse while
perched up there.
Old March 10th 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank Wirtz

On Mar 9, 8:27*pm, TBerk wrote:
On Mar 9, 7:14*pm, jim beam wrote:

cT = 1.0

???http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computed_tomography

Coefficient of Trolling. He thinks you're asking the question to stir
up muck, not to get serious answers.