An actual cycling question - plagued by flats lately

Old May 24th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default An actual cycling question - plagued by flats lately

I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. TIA
Old May 24th 10, 02:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On May 24, 7:07*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. *TIA

Tubeless, with sealant. Everything about your ride will be better
than what you'll get with the typical "flat resistant" clincher.
Hell, everything about your ride will be better than what you'd get
with all but the best tubulars or "race quality" clinchers.
Old May 24th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Choppy Warburton

On May 24, 8:10*am, Scott wrote:
On May 24, 7:07*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. *TIA

Tubeless, with sealant. *Everything about your ride will be better
than what you'll get with the typical "flat resistant" clincher.
Hell, everything about your ride will be better than what you'd get
with all but the best tubulars or "race quality" clinchers.

Had a fast flat with this combination? Would be concerned about this
possibility

http://yarchive.net/bike/tire_goo.html

Old May 24th 10, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On May 24, 9:07*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. *TIA

Try Continental Gatorskins. I've had good luck with them the last
couple of seasons with respect to high (junk) mileage and flat
avoidance.
Old May 24th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On May 24, 6:10*am, Scott wrote:
On May 24, 7:07*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. *TIA

Tubeless, with sealant. *Everything about your ride will be better
than what you'll get with the typical "flat resistant" clincher.
Hell, everything about your ride will be better than what you'd get
with all but the best tubulars or "race quality" clinchers.

I switched over to tubeless with sealant this past month. While I
haven't had any punctures yet, the ride alone is worth the switch. I'm
using Ultegra WH-6700's and Specialized tubeless tires, with Slime.

Brad Anders
Old May 24th 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld[_2_]

Anton Berlin wrote:
I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. TIA

Wow, am I out of it--tubeless, sealer, slime???

Old and in the way,
Steve
Old May 24th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On May 24, 6:09*pm, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. *TIA

Wow, am I out of it--tubeless, sealer, slime???

Old and in the way,
Steve

i hope you whipper-snappers aren't riding tubeless with all-carbon
forks ... because god knows even Slime (TM) won't help you in the
event of a blowout/fork explosion
Old May 25th 10, 10:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas Fred

Anton Berlin wrote:
Anyone have any good (not slime for ****s sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Lose weight. Be nimble. Not saying I'm good at either but I haven't
flatted for since I can remember with both Continental GP 4000S and
Michelin Pro 3 Race. I regularly ride on gravel roads.

Question: is a 34/50 compact crank to small to work well on flats using a nine speed 12/26 cog? [email protected] Techniques 43 May 31st 06 04:49 AM
Yet another silly question: actual diameter of 406 wheel with tyre? Simon Brooke UK 2 June 2nd 05 10:05 PM
actual cycling caps davek UK 10 May 6th 05 03:52 PM
Urgent question road bikes and flats Keith General 13 September 25th 04 09:11 PM
Dumb question - repeated flats Jamie General 15 December 8th 03 04:47 AM