A guess for Wednesday...

Old April 30th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

Default A guess for Wednesday...

....especially now he has broken his links with the team. If he was
innocent and knew his DNA would show that, he wouldn't leave Discovery
so quickly. Basso is, in my view, going to plead guilty in the hope
CONI gives him less than two years. That means he will be back in time
for the 2009 Giro and Tour.

Discovery, meanwhile, must be regretting the way they p**ssed all over
the ethical code. Nice one guys. If you end up with no sponsor for
next year, many teams will be happy. I think the correct phrase is
'egg all over the face' now.

Old May 1st 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article .com,
need more sun wrote:

...especially now he has broken his links with the team. If he was
innocent and knew his DNA would show that, he wouldn't leave Discovery
so quickly. Basso is, in my view, going to plead guilty in the hope
CONI gives him less than two years. That means he will be back in time
for the 2009 Giro and Tour.

Discovery, meanwhile, must be regretting the way they p**ssed all over
the ethical code. Nice one guys. If you end up with no sponsor for
next year, many teams will be happy. I think the correct phrase is
'egg all over the face' now.

nms: what riders will be left on any team?

Evil thought: what if the witch hunt is catching witches? What if it's
doing it every time? What if they really are all witches? Has anyone
seen a bike racer who doesn't float?

Once again, my love for amateur racing is reinforced.

Heck, the more amateur the better: bring on the Cat 5 crash-fests!

I gotta finish my cyclocross bike.

Old May 1st 07, 07:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Evil thought: what if the witch hunt is catching witches? What if it's
doing it every time? What if they really are all witches? Has anyone
seen a bike racer who doesn't float?

Time for another stage through the Passage du Gois, this time during high
tide ?

Old May 1st 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:11:28 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

Evil thought: what if the witch hunt is catching witches? What if it's
doing it every time? What if they really are all witches? Has anyone
seen a bike racer who doesn't float?

Yeah, and they're no good unless they weigh about what a duck weighs.
Does Pound have a duck?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 1st 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 30, 2:12 pm, need more sun wrote:
...especially now he has broken his links with the team. If he was
innocent and knew his DNA would show that, he wouldn't leave Discovery
so quickly. Basso is, in my view, going to plead guilty in the hope
CONI gives him less than two years. That means he will be back in time
for the 2009 Giro and Tour.

Discovery, meanwhile, must be regretting the way they p**ssed all over
the ethical code. Nice one guys. If you end up with no sponsor for
next year, many teams will be happy. I think the correct phrase is
'egg all over the face' now.

Basso signed a contract with Discovery that he would present a DNA
test if asked. His lawyer told him that he'd be a fool to offer his
DNA and he has some rights on that subject in Italy.

I realize that you believe that a man is guilty with the very
accusation by anyone including the guy he beat in his junior year but
perhaps the real world might intrude on your ability to synthesize
reality.

Old May 1st 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

On May 1, 6:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

Basso said at the time that he would present his DNA only if
specifically asked in a judicial process..which looked extremely
unlikely at the time. He previously declined to give Bjarne Riis his
DNA - Riis said that had he done this, he could have stayed with the
team. Basso has not acted like an innocent man (and neither has his
liar/lawyer). All this humming and hawing and nonsense about DNA not
being accurate, rather than just handing it over and being declared
innocent (if that is indeed what he is).

Imagine you are accused of something, but have a way to clear yourself
and take pressure off you and your team. Surely you would do that as
soon as possible? Not **** around with excuses and time-wasting
tactics. Furthermore, if you are innocent, you don't give interviews
where you simply say 'ask my lawyer' or 'my lawyer is dealing with
that stuff now' when you are asked about your implication in a very
serious doping investigation.

You may not like to hear it, but Basso has most certainly not acted
like an innocent man. So forgive me, after years of this kind of
nonsense from riders subsequently found out to be dopers, if I am
running out of patience with the kind of BS that has come from him and
the team. I would bet my house on Basso being guilty, and also that
this will come out sooner rather than later.

But if you want to have your head in the sand, that is your right.

Get Basso and the others all out now. If the sport is to have a
future, we need this kind of crap to end, once and for all. We have
had enough.

Old May 1st 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
need more sun

On May 1, 10:04 pm, need more sun wrote:
On May 1, 6:03 pm, wrote:

[...]

Also, if his lawyer said that he would be a fool to give his DNA, then
his lawyer is an idiot. Or a liar. If someone is innocent, a good
lawyer's job is to clear them as soon as possible. However, if they
are guilty, the lawyer clearly can't do this. So he will do all he can
to avoid giving implicating evidence.

Wise words: there is none so blind as those who will not see. The
truth is right in front of you. But maybe you need CONI to tell you
what was really going on? If so, just wait a while longer..

Old May 2nd 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On May 1, 6:03 pm, wrote:

[...]

what was really going on? If so, just wait a while longer..- Hide quoted text -

Yep, why don't you just contact the RCMP, let them know when you were
in the area of any of their unsolved crimes, and then submit a DNA
sample. I hear the Houston PD lab would be happy to help you too.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/...l.html?ref=rss
Quoted:
Issues raised years ago
Fraser also uncovered "significant weaknesses" in how the laboratory
service defines, monitors and resolves quality issues related to its
work. Notably, the system was unable to identify problems with an
automated process introduced to test DNA.

"Given these major shortcomings, overall the RCMP cannot be said to
perform satisfactorily in this area."

I don't think Wada is any more credible. Sounds like your the kind of
person who, when accused of jaywalking would confess to murder. I
assume that you've been fingerprinted, provided a precautionary DNA
sample, etc... to your government crime/anti-terror people because
they would never misuse them or make an error.
Bill C

Benjamin Franklin
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security

Old May 2nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"need more sun" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 1, 6:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

It's not that I don't disagree with you. It's that Basso has the right to
refuse to incriminate himself and until found guilty SHOULD be assumed
innocent.

Old May 2nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"need more sun" wrote in message
oups.com...

Also, if his lawyer said that he would be a fool to give his DNA, then
his lawyer is an idiot. Or a liar. If someone is innocent, a good
lawyer's job is to clear them as soon as possible.

Maybe you missed the Floyd Landis case in point? Are these the people YOU
would trust with your career?