what elbow guards?

Old April 7th 04, 01:51 PM
nickjb

Default what elbow guards?

I'm thinking about getting some elbow/forarm guards (like the 661 2x4s).
I'm sure someone at BMW mentioned that they can get in the way of wrist
guards. Can anyone recommend some that will work with wrist guards?

Cheers
nick

--
nickjb - one wheel short
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old April 7th 04, 03:34 PM
Tellurider

I had a pair of roach elbow pads and they are like the 661 2x4s and they
were to long and overlaped with my wrist guards and they were stiff and
made it so you couldn't straighten your arm so I never wore them. After
I fell and scraped my elbow I bought a pair of Fox new comp elbow pads
and I like them a lot they have a two piece plastic outer shell and they
aren't bulky like roler blade type elbow pads and no straps to deal with
you just pull them on and they stay in place. I got them from price
point for $25 and they have the old Fox comp elbow pads for $15 which
look similar.

--
Tellurider - Dan Wilson
Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

Old April 7th 04, 04:07 PM
dubmuni2004

why do you need wrist guards anyway? I have never had a problem with my
wrists unicycling, as far as im concerned you dont need them. If i were
going to reccomend arm guards it would definently be the sixsixones

--
dubmuni2004 - not a clown

I dont have a signature
dubmuni2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5837

Old April 7th 04, 04:42 PM
Tellurider

dubmuni2004 wrote:
*why do you need wrist guards anyway? I have never had a problem with
my wrists unicycling, as far as im concerned you dont need them. If i
were going to reccomend arm guards it would definently be the
sixsixones *

I wear wrist guard because I don't want to injur or break a wrist I wear
harbinger wrist guards and I have ground a lot of plastic off of them
and taken a lot of impacts with them and have never injured a wrist.
Protective gear is a personal choice and if gloves work well for you I
would stick with them, a lot of muni riders wear cycling gloves. I just
have kind of gimpy wrists and have sprained them in the past and I like
the protection that wrist guards give. Kris Holm wears full finger
cycling gloves that he has sewn a pair of harbinger wrist wraps to for
more support, but the question was what elbow guards work with wrist
guards not should I wear wrist guards, and the 661s don't work well with
wrist guards.

Old April 7th 04, 04:55 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

Tellurider wrote:
* and the 661s don't work well with wrist guards. *

False. Some people complain that the 661's are too short (hence, very
good with wrist guards). I wear gloves (and sometimes wrist guards with
my 661's). For me, the 661's do not touch the wrist guards - I actually
have an inch (or more) clearence. One of the members has a "product
review site" and when you read the reviews on it - you will find support
for my opinion.
I highly recommend them and think you may have been misinformed.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old April 7th 04, 05:12 PM
Tellurider

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
*

False. Some people complain that the 661's are too short
I highly recommend them and think you may have been misinformed. *

This could be, I had a pair of roach elbow pads and they are definitly
to long, and I hated the way they restricted my elbow movement, it
bothered me that I couldn't straighten my arm all the way. even after I
modified them by cutting off a couple of inches off the bottom, I still
didn't wear them. I think the 661s are still kind of long and may
interfere with wrist guards depending on how long your arms are.

Old April 7th 04, 05:48 PM
dubmuni2004

hey dan wilson, were you at the bananna belt in salida last year doing
some trials on the setup they had?? you had your dog and another lady
was unicycling too. I was there but my uni was at our freinds house and
I didnt bring any padding, I should have said hi!

--
dubmuni2004 - Aaron Dubois

Old April 7th 04, 05:59 PM
Tellurider

dubmuni2004 wrote:
*hey dan wilson, were you at the bananna belt in salida last year
doing some trials on the setup they had?? you had your dog and another
lady was unicycling too. I was there but my uni was at our freinds
house and I didnt bring any padding, I should have said hi! *

No, that was Jon and Kattie Sapp they are also a telluriders though, If
you are going to be near telluride contact me and we will get together
and do some rides, I don't think that Kris Holm will be here this
memorial day weekend but Nathan Hover and family will be and Its when
the gondola begins summer operation, It's pointless to come any sooner
as the snow needs to melt before the serious trails are open. Are you in
Salida?

Dan

Old April 7th 04, 07:57 PM
paco

I noticed that 'Jenson USA'
(http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=PG703C00) has 661 2x4's
on sale for $17.00. They are closing them out and only have small left,
unfortunately. Does the size matter that much (I'm a short guy and got
the larges of the leg armor, and it sounds like the leg armor sizing
doesn't make that much difference).

And I'm going to start wearing a wrist guard on my left wrist (I won it
at Moab) because I've repeatedly hurt my wrist from falling. Not major
crashes, just UPD's where I catch myself with my hands (the most recent
was during the Pecking Order event at Moab). In my case, it doesn't
take much to aggravate my wrist.

--
paco - Co-Founder of the PacoGild Movement

I'm having trouble thinking cognitively.
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old April 7th 04, 10:20 PM
dubmuni2004

No I dont live in salida but I visit there quite often ( twice or once a
month) what do you mean by kris holm being there?? are you going to the
bananna belt this year??