Just what is it about lycra?!?

Old November 23rd 06, 12:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Default Just what is it about lycra?!?

adam85 Wrote:
Surely you don't mean "AssoMan"(tm) the guy they've been using in assos
ads for ages??? Dressed up in the yellow hood and bodysuit in a really
stupid action pose? He reminds me of Ben Stiller in Zoolander!!!!

I thought the woman they used to use was pretty hot though...

Ah I think he's *cute*.

Don't know if female model in the catalogue is the same you're thinking
of, she's a nice enough lass but could do with a few bowls of pasta.

--
cfsmtb

Old November 23rd 06, 01:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
matagi

cfsmtb Wrote:
Ah I think he's *cute*.

Don't know if female model in the catalogue is the same you're thinking
of, she's a nice enough lass but could do with a few bowls of pasta.

Ugh, no, Assos man just doesn't do it for me.

And as for the current female model, I reckon if you hugged her you'd
end up with abdominal stab wounds from those hip bones!

D'ya reckon either of them has recently ridden a bike?

--
matagi

Old November 23rd 06, 02:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

matagi Wrote:
Ugh, no, Assos man just doesn't do it for me.

And as for the current female model, I reckon if you hugged her you'd
end up with abdominal stab wounds from those hip bones!

D'ya reckon either of them has recently ridden a bike?

pfffffffft... no! models dont ride bikes, thats like, so dirty!!
anyway, what if they fall and ruin that manicure? or get a scratch or
bruise? that would get all like, puffed up and ugly and stuff...

Asterope (known enough models in her short time on this planet, and
thinks the assos guy looks like zoolander on steroids, whilst the assos
girl is pointy)

--
asterope

Old November 23rd 06, 03:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

matagi wrote:
cfsmtb Wrote:
Ah I think he's *cute*.

Don't know if female model in the catalogue is the same you're thinking
of, she's a nice enough lass but could do with a few bowls of pasta.

Ugh, no, Assos man just doesn't do it for me.

And as for the current female model, I reckon if you hugged her you'd
end up with abdominal stab wounds from those hip bones!

D'ya reckon either of them has recently ridden a bike?

--
matagi

I look the other way as soon as I see the name "Assos" - the price tag
is so UGLY.

Donga

Old November 23rd 06, 03:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
adam85

asterope Wrote:
pfffffffft... no! models dont ride bikes, thats like, so dirty!! anyway,
what if they fall and ruin that manicure? or get a scratch or bruise?
that would get all like, puffed up and ugly and stuff...

Asterope (known enough models in her short time on this planet, and
thinks the assos guy looks like zoolander without the hair, whilst the
assos girl is pointy)

I see they've changed the site now and gone all supermario/metro with
casual gear. $109 for a towel? WTF?

Adam

--
adam85

Old November 23rd 06, 04:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

adam85 Wrote:
I see they've changed the site now and gone all supermario/metro with
casual gear. $109 for a towel? WTF?

Adam

must be one of those super-absorbent nano-fiber folds-up-to-a-1cm-cube
towels.

or perhaps its got nutrients soaked into it? and anti-depressants on
one corner for when you have been sucking on the other corners?

after all, everyone knows hoopy froods always know where their towels
are, i just dont know whether they would pay $109 for the uber-deluxe
version.

Asterope (always knows where her towel is)

--
asterope

Old November 23rd 06, 06:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

adam85 wrote:
asterope Wrote:
pfffffffft... no! models dont ride bikes, thats like, so dirty!! anyway,
what if they fall and ruin that manicure? or get a scratch or bruise?
that would get all like, puffed up and ugly and stuff...

Asterope (known enough models in her short time on this planet, and
thinks the assos guy looks like zoolander without the hair, whilst the
assos girl is pointy)

I see they've changed the site now and gone all supermario/metro with
casual gear. $109 for a towel? WTF?

Welcome to the Assos world

My custom made stuff costs me a fraction of how much the Assos stuff
costs. Crazy ....

Old November 23rd 06, 10:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Paulus

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

snip Lycra is good as it tells you when to lay off the coffee scrolls on
tea breaks.

Old November 23rd 06, 11:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
flyingdutch

cfsmtb Wrote:
Read the title above, ok, what's the deal with some people getting all
awkward about lycra?

It's not just non-riders, the same irrational guff seems to get
parroted by fellow cyclists as well.

Just what is it? Intolerance? Awkwardness? Jealousy? Some bizarro
class-consciousness thing? Misdirected Aussie poofta radar?

To most, It's a badge.
like 'collingwood supporters' (don't start me...), commodore drivers
(sorry Lama), man-wallets (uuurrrggghhh), or the white-shoe-brigade,
it's a branding thing.
Some wear lycra cos it's just plain practical, and perhaps it's a
benchamrk of how 'committed/serious' you are (???).

WhyTF hasn't someone come out with 'streatwear' made out of lycra???
or presumably they have as some of the (what i thought was wanky)
paddypallin garb is/was dang handy OS in extreme climes.

--
flyingdutch

Old November 24th 06, 03:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

flyingdutch Wrote:

snip
WhyTF hasn't someone come out with 'streatwear' made out of lycra???
snip

oh come now... im sure you remember the '80s... those gaudy fluoro
bike-pant and singlet sets which passed for normal day-wear... i was 7
at the time and i had 3 sets!! (black striped with orange, yellow and
blue)
(i also had 2 bikes at the time too, which were ridden every day...
hows that for starting young with the n+1??) i remember all the
teenagers hanging out down at the local corner store/milk bar wearing
their gaudy bike pants and t-shirt combos.

was tres chic at the time too!!!

if you dont remember, i suggest looking for some collette, bananarama
or def lepard video clips.

--
asterope

Motorists and lycra? [email protected] General 24 September 13th 06 01:16 PM
Lycra- does it stretch? Callistus Valerius Techniques 12 May 22nd 06 07:29 PM
Lycra or leather? Ken M General 4 January 27th 06 06:43 AM
Lycra in the Gallery LotteBum Australia 5 November 22nd 05 07:13 AM
Lycra is BAD Mark Thompson UK 24 May 8th 04 08:24 PM