Mallorca Activities

Old October 29th 05, 02:53 AM
jl

Default Mallorca Activities

Many of you have been to Mallorca for the great cycling.
I am going next april and wonder what other activities have been found
worth seeing?
I love Palma and the small villages and of course the ride to Sa
Calobra is world class but is there a famous flamenco club or dance bar
or pub that just has to be visited.
Help me out.
cheers
-jl

Old October 29th 05, 08:45 AM
MartinM

jl wrote:

is there a famous flamenco club or dance bar
or pub that just has to be visited.
Help me out.
cheers
-jl

Sorry, the good thing IMHO about Mallorca is that you can stay away
from that sort of thing fairly easily. I would strongly recommend the
Torrent de Pareis gorge / canyon down to Sa Calobra but do your
homework it is not for the inexperienced.

Old October 29th 05, 07:27 PM
Mark \(MSA\)

Many of you have been to Mallorca for the great cycling.
I am going next april and wonder what other activities have been found
worth seeing?
I love Palma and the small villages and of course the ride to Sa
Calobra is world class but is there a famous flamenco club or dance bar
or pub that just has to be visited.
Help me out.
cheers
-jl

I'm there from the 28th April for 2 weeks. I really only ride and rest
(and mix in a few beers along the way), but I can recommend Tolo's
restaurant on the main road from Pollenca to Alcudia...a lot of cycling
in Mallorca centres around that establishment.

Hope you'll be climbing Sa Colobra again...after descending it first of
course :-)

--
Mark
_______________________________________

Old October 29th 05, 11:56 PM
jl

Thanks Mark, I'm there in the first 2 weeks of April. No Question about
the fantastic ridiing.
A few beers in the pub in the evening and perhaps happy hour after the
ride, is ussually enough. The riding is the main event but I would like
to shake it up one night and take in a hot spot.

If night clubs are not the ticket how about the best out of the way
spot to stop for a café con leche and serano ham sandwich. ?
I like the cafe at the top of San Salvadore, with the world champion
jersies.

-jl

Old October 30th 05, 02:34 PM
Mark \(MSA\)

Thanks Mark, I'm there in the first 2 weeks of April. No Question about
the fantastic ridiing.
A few beers in the pub in the evening and perhaps happy hour after the
ride, is ussually enough. The riding is the main event but I would like
to shake it up one night and take in a hot spot.

If night clubs are not the ticket how about the best out of the way
spot to stop for a café con leche and serano ham sandwich. ?
I like the cafe at the top of San Salvadore, with the world champion
jersies.

-jl

Yes, that's great isn't it! I climbed to that monastery in April this
year, but they were resurfacing the whole climb! Do it again next
year, at least I can guarantee you some smooth tarmac! That's part of a
128k ride we do, going from Pollenca, via Vilafranca, Felanitx, Santa
Margalida and Ca'n Picafort.

When you go to Sa Calobra, try stopping at the Petrol Station on the
PM213 before descending, good food and V. cyclist friendly.

I also recommend a trip to Cap De Formentor, Bunyola, Petra and Sa
Pobla.

--
Mark

RR; Mallorca MartinM UK 3 September 6th 05 06:47 PM
Mallorca bike box damage MSA UK 2 May 20th 05 01:13 AM
Back from Mallorca, now need Campy Spares! MSA UK 2 May 7th 05 01:41 PM