Quickest Release Cleats?

Old November 9th 03, 10:48 AM
Edward Holt

Default Quickest Release Cleats?

I've got a pair of Crank Brothers Mallet C combination egg beaters and flats
pedals.
I've been using the provided cleats that came with.

I'm assuming that I can use Shimano cleats with them and would be interested
in getting a set if they would allow faster release than the supplied Crank
Brothers cleats. I've read that the Shimano multi-release are the easiest to
get out of.

I like cleats - I just don't like falling off the bike and being unable to
release.

Old November 9th 03, 11:16 AM
Michael Dart

"Edward Holt" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a pair of Crank Brothers Mallet C combination egg beaters and

flats
pedals.
I've been using the provided cleats that came with.

I'm assuming that I can use Shimano cleats with them and would be

interested
in getting a set if they would allow faster release than the supplied

Crank
Brothers cleats. I've read that the Shimano multi-release are the easiest

get out of.

I like cleats - I just don't like falling off the bike and being unable to
release.

Incorrect assumption. If you want to use Shimano cleats you need Shimano
pedals. Just keep practicing you'll get the hang of it.

Mike

Old November 9th 03, 11:17 AM
Michael Dart

"Edward Holt" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a pair of Crank Brothers Mallet C combination egg beaters and

flats
pedals.
I've been using the provided cleats that came with.

I'm assuming that I can use Shimano cleats with them and would be

interested
in getting a set if they would allow faster release than the supplied

Crank
Brothers cleats. I've read that the Shimano multi-release are the easiest

get out of.

I like cleats - I just don't like falling off the bike and being unable to
release.

Oh and check to see if the sole of your shoe isn't hanging up on the
platform part of the Mallet. That may be what is giving you trouble.

Mike

Old November 9th 03, 11:32 AM
D T W .../\\...

"Edward Holt" wrote in message
.. .
I've got a pair of Crank Brothers Mallet C combination egg beaters and

flats
pedals.
I've been using the provided cleats that came with.

I'm assuming that I can use Shimano cleats with them and would be

interested
in getting a set if they would allow faster release than the supplied

Crank
Brothers cleats. I've read that the Shimano multi-release are the easiest

get out of.

I like cleats - I just don't like falling off the bike and being unable to
release.

The directions that came with my Egg Beater pedals says: "use only Egg
Beater cleats"

I assume that I can't use Shimano cleats.

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Old November 9th 03, 12:15 PM
Edward Holt

"Michael Dart" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the feedback.

I can get into and out of of the Mallets much better than the Shimano pedals
that I'm used to - either SPD or SPD-R.
I'm just scare of falling of and not unclipping.

Old November 9th 03, 12:16 PM
Edward Holt

"D T W .../\..." wrote in message
[...]

I didn't actually think to look at the manual.

Old November 9th 03, 06:55 PM
Per Elmsäter

Edward Holt wrote:
I can get into and out of of the Mallets much better than the Shimano
pedals that I'm used to - either SPD or SPD-R.
I'm just scare of falling of and not unclipping.

Don't worry. You'll only do it once.

--
Perre

Old November 9th 03, 07:09 PM
Johann S.

Per Elms=E4ter Said:

Edward Holt wrote:
I can get into and out of of the Mallets much better than the Shimano
pedals that I'm used to - either SPD or SPD-R.
I'm just scare of falling of and not unclipping.

=20
Don't worry. You'll only do it once.
=20

I did it twice. Once before witnesses.

--=20

QUIPd 1.02: (91 of 671)
- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you
- hit, call it the target.
##2757 #'Mandrake Linux.'
Old November 9th 03, 07:27 PM
Edward Holt

"Per Elmsäter" wrote in message
Edward Holt wrote:
I can get into and out of of the Mallets much better than the Shimano
pedals that I'm used to - either SPD or SPD-R.
I'm just scare of falling of and not unclipping.

Don't worry. You'll only do it once.

--
Perre

Sadly not - that's why I'm scared.

Old November 9th 03, 09:05 PM
Per Löwdin

I've read that the Shimano multi-release are the easiest to
get out of.

Yes, they are easy to get out of. Can be used in terrain where many would
prefer flat pedals.
However, u have to have SPD pedals, they will hardly work with eggbeaters.

Per
http://www.lowdin.nu/MTB/MTB.html