I found my gloves

Old February 24th 04, 03:17 AM
Eric S. Sande

Default I found my gloves

I lost my nice winter gloves two weeks ago, I thought they were history.

I have a pair of backup gloves, but they are too heavy so I bought a
pair of cheap work gloves which are pretty decent.

So I'm at the coffee shop this morning and grabbing a bottle of water
out of the water/juice cooler and I happen to look down, there are
my gloves, right where I'd left them two weeks ago.

Far out. I had imagined that I'd left them under the rack bail
when I parked and that someone had taken them that really needed a
pair of gloves.

But they were right there, I had a fleeting thought that I might
have left them at the coffee shop but I supposed they would have
told me if they found them.

Was it a good deed or just a language barrier? I'll never know.

It's for sure that the coffee shop people are very honorable, and
I'm quite forgetful.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old February 24th 04, 03:30 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:17:08 -0500, "Eric S. Sande"
wrote:

[...]

After much searching for a cool-weather cycling glove I have found
mine:

Cheap Korean work gloves. You know, the ones with rubber palms, that
look like it was some poor guy's job down at the factory to put each
pair on and slap his palms into a vat of rubbery goo.

Just the right size, not too bulky, and actually improve my grip on
the bar when my hands are cold. Killer.

-Luigi
Old February 24th 04, 03:40 AM
Badger_South

wrote:

I lost my nice winter gloves two weeks ago, I thought they were history.

I have a pair of backup gloves, but they are too heavy so I bought a
pair of cheap work gloves which are pretty decent.

I've got a line of mismatched gloves that I have lined up on top of the
matress standing on end in the basement where I rest the trail bike. I go
down in the morning and pick out a 'pair'. The others are either drying or
just washed out (they're mostly polypro). If it's very cold I may double
up. One has some cammo duct tape lining the inside of one finger, since I
burned a hole in the tip at the last camping trip. But it's all good.

So I'm at the coffee shop this morning and grabbing a bottle of water
out of the water/juice cooler and I happen to look down, there are
my gloves, right where I'd left them two weeks ago.

Far out. I had imagined that I'd left them under the rack bail
when I parked and that someone had taken them that really needed a
pair of gloves.

But they were right there, I had a fleeting thought that I might
have left them at the coffee shop but I supposed they would have
told me if they found them.

Was it a good deed or just a language barrier? I'll never know.

It's for sure that the coffee shop people are very honorable, and
I'm quite forgetful.

s'OK. I hear you have other, uh...'mad skillz'. ;-D

-B

Old February 24th 04, 04:33 AM
Pat

I lost my nice winter gloves two weeks ago, I thought they were history.

I have a pair of backup gloves, but they are too heavy so I bought a
pair of cheap work gloves which are pretty decent.

So I'm at the coffee shop this morning and grabbing a bottle of water
out of the water/juice cooler and I happen to look down, there are
my gloves, right where I'd left them two weeks ago.

You also know that they don't mop the floor at that place, either.

Pat in TX

Old February 24th 04, 04:37 AM
Eric S. Sande

You also know that they don't mop the floor at that place, either.

The thought had crossed my mind.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old February 24th 04, 02:28 PM
Pat

You also know that they don't mop the floor at that place, either.

So don't eat danish after they hit the floor and don't lap up any spilled
latte. Problem solved. :-)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Yeah, but the idea one gets is that of sloppy cleanliness in the entire
place. Not mopping the floor in 2 weeks' time? That means they probably
don't keep the kitchen clean either or wipe the tables with clean cloths.

Pat in TX

Old February 25th 04, 02:16 AM
Eric S. Sande

Yeah, but the idea one gets is that of sloppy cleanliness in the entire
place. Not mopping the floor in 2 weeks' time? That means they probably
don't keep the kitchen clean either or wipe the tables with clean cloths.

It isn't THAT bad, Pat. The coffee is bearable, but it's not close
to Starbucks (and I've had better than Starbucks).

The pastries are not all that fresh, generally. And they sell the
industrial grade round Danishes that you get at catered corporate
functions, with the filling exposed--not the higher quality
enclosed Danish.

For the record, the gloves were on a plastic tray meant to carry
multiple juice bottles, whatever those are called. Not on the
floor.

Sometines their bananas are either green or overripe, and I have
encountered slightly undercooked or more often overcooked hard
boiled eggs there.

I had a sandwich there. Once.

I seriously wouldn't recommend it from a food safety standpoint,
but it isn't filthy, and I can get Perrier in the big bottles
there, which is pretty safe if you overlook the benzine issues.

Also they have NectarFizz, which is a good source of vitamin C.

The espresso is OK, and the regular coffee, well it's weak but
I can drink it. Did I mention that the head counterperson is a
quite attractive Chinese lady? And the service is lightning
fast, unlike my old Starbucks, which I miss but not the five
minute wait.

The only major issue is that they charge massive prices, which
would be $6.25 US for a big Perrier, a 16 oz NectarFizz and a
Venti (20 oz?) coffee.

There's no competition nearby that's as efficient.

--

------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------

I think I found the problem Chris Hansen General 1 February 16th 04 04:26 PM
Need Suggestion for Winter Gloves Raoul Duke General 19 December 6th 03 04:57 PM
gloves Alex General 5 December 4th 03 10:43 PM
Article found on Seattle website Treefriend General 9 November 12th 03 06:19 AM
Winter Biking Gloves? Paul Bruhn General 26 October 10th 03 06:42 PM