I found Unicycling Nirvana!!!

Old December 7th 04, 06:35 PM
HardcoreCokerRider

Default I found Unicycling Nirvana!!!

I found a location that is quite literally a Unicyclist's Paradise!!!
When I saw this place I thought I had died and gone to heaven... it is
freakin AMAZING! If you ever have a chance to visit this location, you
will be more excited than when you visited Disneyland (or Disneyworld)
as a kid for your first time. I believe this is the only place of it's
kind in the United States... perhaps the world! I can not resist the
need to go to this location ASAP. Thus D5 (Dave Lowell) and I are taking
a road trip across several states this weekend to ride and bring back
proof of my discovery (pics and video) and of course pics and video of
Dave and I riding at this unbelievable location!
HCR (A5-NYUC)

--
HardcoreCokerRider - Skateparks & Urban Insanity
HardcoreCokerRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8529

Old December 7th 04, 07:05 PM
johnfoss

You forgot to tell us what place, and why it's so cool. Especially if
you've never been there.

Is it winter there?

Hope you guys have a great time, and get some cool pix and videos!

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"It's good to find something that makes boys into men and men into boys,
my opinion is that unicycling fits the bill." -- Lloyd Johnson

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old December 7th 04, 07:41 PM
HardcoreCokerRider

johnfoss wrote:
*You forgot to tell us what place, and why it's so cool. Especially if
you've never been there.*

Actually, I didn't forget to tell you the name of the place or why it's
so cool... I just avoided telling you! Although I haven't been there,
both Dave and I did see some really good video footage of the place.
It's killing me to not reveal the location just yet... but I want to
keep it a surprise for just a little bit longer... until I can post
video of me and Dave riding there! I want everyone on the forum to be
totally shocked by this totally insane location AND my riding there...
in order to get the full impact! I believe that, like the advent of the
Coker, riding locations like the one I'm mentioning could really change
(and grow) the sport (this location + Cokers + more riders = major
X-games potential!!!). Once I return with footage, it will take me about
a week to edit a rough cut together. Once I post the rough cut on the
forum, I will reveal the name and directions to the location and
unicyclists from all over the world will be able to come realize
"Unicycling Nirvana" for themselves in one of the United States most
desirable cities!

Is it winter there?

Hope you guys have a great time, and get some cool pix and videos!

I'm not offering any clues... so I won't be divulging the weather at
this time. Everyone will have to wait almost two weeks... which feels
like a lifetime to me bcecause I really want to let the cat out of the
bag! I am so psyched for this trip that I can't get my mind off of it...
I really feel like a kid going to Disneyland!!!

Thanks a lot, John... I hope to get some great video (not sure if I'll
have a digital camera for stills... but I could probably capture and
export some frames from the digi video cam footage).

Old December 7th 04, 08:43 PM
maroastedpeanuts

This had better be cool...or you will be ban from unicyclist.com!
now its time to play the guessing game...im gonna say you going to Rays
indoor MTB park in ohio http://www.raysmtb.com/

--
maroastedpeanuts
maroastedpeanuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6723

Old December 7th 04, 09:10 PM
drewation

maroastedpeanuts wrote:
*This had better be cool...or you will be ban from unicyclist.com!
now its time to play the guessing game...im gonna say you going to
Rays indoor MTB park in ohio http://www.raysmtb.com/ *

why does it have to be so far away its just not fair

--
drewation - stoons finest

why take the bus when you can uni
drewation's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8274

Old December 7th 04, 09:32 PM
HardcoreCokerRider

maroastedpeanuts wrote:
*This had better be cool...or you will be ban from unicyclist.com!
now its time to play the guessing game...im gonna say you going to
Rays indoor MTB park in ohio http://www.raysmtb.com/ *

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks a lot for ruining my surprise,
RoastedNuts! Well I guess that's what I get for opening my big mouth
about the place before I went there and shot the video... I had a
feeling there would be someone who would take the air out of my sails!
Is this place insane, or what??? Check out the photos of the course and
the video! How high do you think I'll get up that 12-ft tall berm bowl
on my Coker? Well... now that my surprise is ruined (thanx again,
Nuts!)... I urge everyone to check this place out.... or at least the
website! Let me know if you think my description was accurate or an
exaggeration...

Old December 7th 04, 10:08 PM
Brian MacKenzie

HardcoreCokerRider wrote:
*I found a location that is quite literally a Unicyclist's Paradise!!!
When I saw this place I thought I had died and gone to heaven... it is
freakin AMAZING! If you ever have a chance to visit this location, you
will be more excited than when you visited Disneyland (or Disneyworld)
as a kid for your first time. I believe this is the only place of it's
kind in the United States... perhaps the world! I can not resist the
need to go to this location ASAP. Thus D5 (Dave Lowell) and I are
taking a road trip across several states this weekend to ride and
bring back proof of my discovery (pics and video) and of course pics
and video of Dave and I riding at this unbelievable location!
HCR (A5-NYUC) *

If you make the trip again after this weekend, I'd be very interested in
meeting you there!

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

Forthcoming DVD
TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
'8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer1.wmv)

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*112* reviews on *75* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old December 7th 04, 10:41 PM
maroastedpeanuts

Sorry to spoil the “surprise”…but I have a feeling your playing mind
games… and there are in fact bigger things on your horizon than Rays
Indoor MTB Park! See, by admitting to the first guess (a good one at
that), you prevent future persistent nagging and prying. No sir, you
are more diabolical than that! Enough with the mind games!

Seriously though, have you taken your coker out to the MTB trails on LI?
Hardpack and fast…may be a bit tight though…there are also some BMX
racing tracks out there that would be pretty cool to ride on…definitely
doable on a coker. enjoy your trip.

Has anyone else out there tried riding a coker on a BMX track? I’m not
talking about backwoods tracks with huge kickers, but racing tracks with
table-tops and burms….it seems like it would be fun…

-Tom

Old December 7th 04, 11:11 PM
tomblackwood

Looks very cool. Do you know for sure they will allow unis? Looking at
the speed some of those bikes are carrying into the big banked turns,
etc., I could envision them having the same types of issues that
Whistler and some other ski resorts have expressed, which is the
conflict between fast and slow moving vehicles.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

Old December 7th 04, 11:55 PM
HardcoreCokerRider

maroastedpeanuts wrote:
*Sorry to spoil the “surprise”…but I have a feeling your playing mind
games… and there are in fact bigger things on your horizon than Rays
Indoor MTB Park! See, by admitting to the first guess (a good one at
that), you prevent future persistent nagging and prying. No sir, you
are more diabolical than that! Enough with the mind games!

No problem about ruining my surprise... it's not a big deal. Just
wondering, though... are you going to tell all your family members
what they got for Christmas before Christmas actually arrives?
Mind games? Bigger things? What kind of bigger things, prey tell? Are
you implying that there is something bigger (or more radical)than Rays
Indoor MTD Park out there? Please tell me... I'll have to check it
out!

Seriously though, have you taken your coker out to the MTB trails on
LI? Hardpack and fast…may be a bit tight though…there are also some
BMX racing tracks out there that would be pretty cool to ride
on…definitely doable on a coker. enjoy your trip.

I haven't ridden any MTB trails or BMX tracks on LI. Are you from LI?

Has anyone else out there tried riding a coker on a BMX track? I’m
not talking about backwoods tracks with huge kickers, but racing
tracks with table-tops and burms….it seems like it would be fun…

That would be fun!

-Tom *