Cycling Clothing Questions

Old February 10th 05, 10:43 PM
Micheal Artindale

Default Cycling Clothing Questions

First, am i correct that the combination of shorts and jersey is called a
bib short?

For those whom have worn them, a few questions.

1) how should they fit? snug, tight, loose?

2) do you, or should you wear anything under them?

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

Any other suggestions, I am thinking of getting a pair in the spring.

Thanks,

Micheal

Old February 11th 05, 12:12 AM
tcmedara

Micheal Artindale wrote:
First, am i correct that the combination of shorts and jersey is
called a bib short?

For those whom have worn them, a few questions.

1) how should they fit? snug, tight, loose?

2) do you, or should you wear anything under them?

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

Any other suggestions, I am thinking of getting a pair in the spring.

Thanks,

Micheal

1) Not entirely sure what you are getting at with your description of "bib
short", but this should clear it up:

http://tinyurl.com/5khle (Link to Performance)

2) Like any other short

3) Never tried 'em put I've heard you either pull up a leg or stop and let
off one of the straps. I'm sure the choice depends on the situation at
hand.

Old February 11th 05, 12:21 AM
laffing@you

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
First, am i correct that the combination of shorts and jersey is called a
bib short?

For those whom have worn them, a few questions.

1) how should they fit? snug, tight, loose?

Shorts should fit like shorts. The top is just there to hold them up.

2) do you, or should you wear anything under them?

No

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

The jersey has to come off.

Any other suggestions, I am thinking of getting a pair in the spring.

I like'em. No chafing around the waist. There is the possible chance of
getting a nipple chafed.

Old February 11th 05, 12:43 AM
small change

laffing@you wrote:

No

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

The jersey has to come off.

why off, why not just up? Surely if girls can figure out how to pee when
wearing a leotard OVER tights without taking everything off*** a guy should
be able to figure out how to pee in bib shorts without taking a shirt off...

penny

**the things you learn from (real) dancers....

Old February 11th 05, 12:48 AM
laffing@you

"laffing@you" wrote in message
.. .

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
2) do you, or should you wear anything under them?

No

Ok, I jumped the gun on this. See below......

Any other suggestions, I am thinking of getting a pair in the spring.

There is the possible chance of
getting a nipple chafed.

A wicking type undershirt can prevent this.

Old February 11th 05, 01:29 AM
Slatibartfast

Micheal Artindale wrote:
First, am i correct that the combination of shorts and jersey is called a
bib short?

What you describe would be called a skin suit. Usually worn by roadies
in a time trial situation.

A bib short is a pair of shorts with suspenders built in.

For those whom have worn them, a few questions.

1) how should they fit? snug, tight, loose?

I buy mine lose enough to be able to bring the front down enough to use
a tree, but the sizing charts all say I should wear a size smaller than
That.

2) do you, or should you wear anything under them?

A good undershirt, something like:
http://www.defeet.com/apparel.php?catid=30

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

See answer to 1)

Any other suggestions, I am thinking of getting a pair in the spring.

Wash them after every ride! then again, one shouldnt have to mention
that. I like to treat the padding with ASOS chamie cream but thats one
of those personal preference sort of things.

Once You try Bibs, you'll wounder how you ever put up with regular
shorts getting all bunched up all the time.

Thanks,

Micheal

Jason
Old February 11th 05, 01:37 AM
laffing@you

"small change" wrote in message
laffing@you wrote:

No

3) what do you do when you have to make use of a tree (take a pee).

The jersey has to come off.

why off, why not just up? Surely if girls can figure out how to pee when
wearing a leotard OVER tights without taking everything off*** a guy

should
be able to figure out how to pee in bib shorts without taking a shirt

off...

You have a point. My g/f, and a few friends can have their bra off in
seconds, without ever taking their tops off.

Old February 11th 05, 05:52 AM
gabrielle

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:43:27 -0500, Micheal Artindale wrote:

First, am i correct that the combination of shorts and jersey is called a
bib short?

I believe in these parts it's called "GRS".

gabrielle

Old February 11th 05, 08:34 PM
Dave

Bib shorts look like bib overalls for skiing only they are short and not
padded all over like skiing overalls. I don't see too many riders with
bib shorts on to be honest here on LI. I usually wear either padded
baggies or combo jersey/lycra padded shorts by Fox. I never wear
anything under them because they are meant to be seamless. If you sport
anything with seems underneath your seamless shorts you are defeating
their purpose. As far as ****ing is concerned, for my legs rolling up
the lycra or the baggies is more of a contest than just simply loosing
the belt and dropping them down a bit. Same as I'd do for a quick shag!

Peace.

--
David R Marlborough
DJ Mackelicious