brain drain at rbt...

Old February 7th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default brain drain at rbt...

On Feb 7, 11:34*am, landotter wrote:
On Feb 7, 7:24 am, datakoll wrote: fsm?

http://www.visit-fsm.org/

SPAM eating tropical weirdos.

BASK DUDE BASK!

Sheldon was not in this morning's launch report from KSC as: "
under(went) further testing " ?
Old February 7th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Cassel

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Slowly but surely, the true brains of rbt are going away. I'm sure some
day I'll see someone will write a "how do you fix this" question, and
the only coherent reply will be, "can't you afford to buy a new bike?"
At least there is the archives, that's usually where I search first.
It's sad, but we are in a disposable society, and knowledge is no longer
valued. Only money fixes everything now.

I've read similar laments in other ng's. I think that the moderated Web
based Boards are replacing the Usenet which, due to various problems,
has decreased in informational density especially in the last few years.

I've seen several of these moderated Boards which retain a lot of useful
information givers but without the rancor which I've often seen here.

-paul
Old February 7th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

"Crescentius Vespasianus" wrote:
Slowly but surely, the true brains of rbt are going away. I'm sure some
day I'll see someone will write a "how do you fix this" question, and
the only coherent reply will be, "can't you afford to buy a new bike?"
At least there is the archives, that's usually where I search first.
It's sad, but we are in a disposable society, and knowledge is no longer
valued. Only money fixes everything now.

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
It's not just a product issue, it's communication. People don't want to
be bothered, or they simply don't have the skills, to properly explain
something, *or* listen. It takes too long. Anything that takes longer
than a 60-second commercial (which just happens to take... 60 seconds!)
is too much bother.
But everything balances out, which explains why some usenet posts are
miles & miles long, trying to explain a dreadfully simple concept, and
never quite figuring out that the person at the other end lost interest
many paragraphs prior.

"A Muzi" wrote
Just like real life!

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
It.... isn't?
By the way, I just got out of your neck of the woods yesterday. I was
originally scheduled to leave Madison (for ORD-SFO) tonight (Wednesday), but
saw the weather report yesterday (Tuesday) and thought maybe I'd best get to
the Madison airport ASAP and see if I could get out before the worst hit.
Yikes, it was like the fall of Saigon! I got on the very last flight out to
Denver, and from there to San Francisco. Looks like everything got cancelled
today until early this evening. We have it so easy in California...

Everything here is a total mess. You'd think an administration in
SnowLand with a huge tax bite could clear the streets. But, no.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old February 7th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
* * Chas

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
[...]

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"We have it so easy in California..."

Except for SFO..... ;-(

Chas.

Old February 7th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Feb 7, 1:01*pm, Paul Cassel
wrote:
Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Slowly but surely, the true brains of rbt are going away. *I'm sure some
day I'll see someone will write a "how do you fix this" question, and
the only coherent reply will be, "can't you afford to buy a new bike?" *
At least there is the archives, that's usually where I search first. *
It's sad, but we are in a disposable society, and knowledge is no longer
valued. *Only money fixes everything now.

I've read similar laments in other ng's. I think that the moderated Web
based Boards are replacing the Usenet which, due to various problems,
has decreased in informational density especially in the last few years.

I've seen several of these moderated Boards which retain a lot of useful
information givers but without the rancor which I've often seen here.

-paul

RBT is moderated by Google and those other rational boards who send
their rejects here.
Old February 7th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
It.... isn't?
By the way, I just got out of your neck of the woods yesterday. I was
originally scheduled to leave Madison (for ORD-SFO) tonight
(Wednesday), but saw the weather report yesterday (Tuesday) and
thought maybe I'd best get to the Madison airport ASAP and see if I
could get out before the worst hit. Yikes, it was like the fall of
Saigon! I got on the very last flight out to Denver, and from there to
San Francisco. Looks like everything got cancelled today until early
this evening. We have it so easy in California...

Everything here is a total mess. You'd think an administration in
SnowLand with a huge tax bite could clear the streets. But, no.

It is no better here, even though they put all the garbage trucks into
service as plows.

Old February 7th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Paul Cassel wrote:
Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
Slowly but surely, the true brains of rbt are going away. I'm sure
some day I'll see someone will write a "how do you fix this" question,
and the only coherent reply will be, "can't you afford to buy a new
bike?" At least there is the archives, that's usually where I search
first. It's sad, but we are in a disposable society, and knowledge is
no longer valued. Only money fixes everything now.

I've read similar laments in other ng's. I think that the moderated Web
based Boards are replacing the Usenet which, due to various problems,
has decreased in informational density especially in the last few years.

I've seen several of these moderated Boards which retain a lot of useful
information givers but without the rancor which I've often seen here.

Those moderated forums are also deadly dull. Some also tend to weed out
information unfavorable to their advertisers.

Old February 7th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Tom Sherman wrote:
Those moderated forums are also deadly dull. Some also tend to weed out
information unfavorable to their advertisers.

The tone of conversation here on r.b.t. is generally acceptable to me.
Sure, not always on topic. Gentlemanly? Hardly.

But nowhere near as threatening as your average sidewalk outside a bar
at bar time. And no knives!

Soon it will be spring and we can all be heroes, explaining once more
how the little unscrewy thing on a presta valve works, etc.
Old February 7th 08, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
sergio

On 7 Feb, 23:58, Tom Sherman
It is no better here, even though they put all the garbage trucks into
service as plows.

Once you are done, please, send them over to Naples.

Sergio
Pisa
P.s. By the way, today I rode four hours in shorts, with snow capped
mountains in far sight.
Old February 8th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute

On Feb 7, 4:16*pm, nmp wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Just to make Ed Dolan (1) insanely jealous, near the bottom of this
page I am receiving a complicated electronics formula directly from
the hand of the Creator:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm
Scroll down to the illustration near the bottom. It takes a lot of
cycling to achieve muscle tone like that.

The Master Formula of Tube Amps is here, just so Creepy Carl doesn't
call me a liar again because he's too dumb to ask where it is:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...dre%20Jute.htm

No brain drain at RBT. All I see is natural attrition (albeit a huge
lump of it all at once with Sheldon's death). All usenet groups go
through phases; this one too will pass.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

nimh rechargable battery packs - drain and charge when new? Jack Murphy General 10 October 28th 06 02:34 PM
Brain soup kapoute Unicycling 0 March 8th 06 01:16 AM
what is uni-ing doing to your brain? wobbling bear Unicycling 14 November 24th 04 12:19 PM
Can a wireless computer drain a HRM battery... AC UK 4 May 7th 04 09:38 AM
Bicycles on the brain! David Kerber General 5 September 22nd 03 12:47 PM