RIP

Old March 17th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

Default RIP

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object.../MNFJVKPDS.DTL
Old March 17th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Mar 17, 7:13*am, Dan Gregory
wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object.../2008/03/16/MN....

I know that even one is too many, but it seems like we've been doing
way to many of these the last few years.
Another broken glass in the fireplace.
Bill C
Old March 17th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On Mar 17, 4:59 am, Bill C wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:13 am, Dan Gregory

wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object.../2008/03/16/MN...

I know that even one is too many, but it seems like we've been doing
way to many of these the last few years.

Tell me about it. Two within a mile of my house in the last year or
two. One a very experienced cyclist commuting home from work, one an
inexperienced woman stopped well off the pavement. Both drivers were
drunk, one took a corner wide, the other rounded a sweeping right turn
and continued off the road onto a gravel pullout where the woman was
resting. I ride that road all the time, talk about chilling. Not a
damn thing you can do if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.
-Paul

Old March 17th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul Cassel

Dan Gregory wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object.../MNFJVKPDS.DTL

Friend and work associate of my wife was killed recently. She and he
were among the bicycle commuting faction of their solar company. Early
report was that the guy who hit him was involved in some sort of car
race. He left the scene leaving my wife's coworker to die in the median.
Curiously, later he returned and took responsibility.

Not sure if any charges will be filed.

A bit before, another local bicyclist killed when a driver swerved onto
the shoulder (probably due to cell phone use but we don't know). Driver
charged with careless driving. She pleaded non-guilty. Pending. Our
lives on bicycles are worth just about what they are when on motorcycles.

-paul