RULES OF THE ROAD

Old February 10th 07, 03:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default RULES OF THE ROAD

Rules of the Road
Anybody who's survived a ride through traffic knows that bikes and
cars don't always mix well. As a result, the folks at DCist.com have
compiled a simple set of rules. These rules guide bicyclists and
automobile drivers on how to co-exist safely and happily. What's best,
it's done with a strange sense of humor. For example:

Spandex is a privilege, not a right

There are more practical rules as well. See how cyclists and drivers
can get along by following the DCist's Rules of the Road.

Old February 10th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Peter Clinch wrote:

In the UK there is actually a government published book,
"Cyclecraft", by John Franklin, which is largely concerned with how
to cycle in traffic.
Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

AH! A book I had missed! Someone had posted a link to a UK bookstore
on ARBR years ago :
http://greenbooks.co.uk/store/index....4be9868cfb6ace

Very quick and pleasant to order from the US, so I bought several
books from them. I missed Cyclecraft- maybe it was something about
riding on the wrong side of the road. :-) I never got over the
picture on the cover of the book Car Sick!