Performance Training Village

Old February 10th 07, 02:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Performance Training Village

A 300-acre, state-of-the-art, cycling & writing performance-training
village is planned for foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near
Greenville, South Carolina. The village community, which will be known
as Pla d'Adet, will be developed by Pla d'Adet Development Company
LLC. The development company is comprised of World-renowned
professional cyclist George Hincapie and other Greenville, South
Carolina businessmen and investors

Inspiration for the community's name, Pla d'Adet (pronounced PLAH-da-
day), is derived from Hincapie's first Tour de France stage win at Pla
d'Adet, in the Pyrenees Mountains of southwest France -- known to be
one of the most challenging stages in the Tour. It was the first stage
won by a teammate of Lance Armstrong since 1999, and it was Hincapie's
first stage win in 10 Tours.

The village community will be comprised of 85 1.5 to 2 acre mountain
home sites, a hotel for guest lodging, conference center, restaurant,
media center, and state-of-the-art fitness and training facilities
called the Hincapie Performance Training Village(SM). The 35,000
square foot training village will include an exercise arena with
weight training, strength and conditioning equipment, a 25-meter
indoor pool, aerobic studio, green recumbent ****ters (WITH REQUEST
ONLY), group cycling studio, spa and dry sauna. Two four-mile outdoor
tracks, one for cycling, the other for mountain biking and trail
running, will wind throughout the village community.

"For years I have believed that cycling and multi-sport athletes
needed a World-class training facility with World-class amenities. The
Hincapie Performance Training Village(SM), called Pla d'Adet, will
fulfill that need and provide performance enthusiasts an opportunity
to further develop their skills," explained George Hincapie. "I'm
proud to call Greenville my home. One of the reasons I chose to live
here is because of the World-class riding that is in this area. Pla
d'Adet will provide a convenient link to some of the World's most
challenging rides."

The 300-acre site is located 22 miles north of Greenville, SC and 33
miles south of the Blue Ridge Parkway, off Old US-25 near Wood Hayes
Road in northern Greenville County. Groundbreaking ceremonies are
scheduled to coincide with the USA ProCycling Championships, which
will be held over the Labor Day weekend (September 1 and 2, 2007).
Completion of the Hincapie Performance Training Village expected in
the spring of 2008. For more information visit www.pladAdet.com.

Old February 10th 07, 03:29 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Joel

wrote:
[...]

I would guess that the prices for homes in the development will be
extremely high. I also think that the average cyclist would feel very
much out of place in the habitat of high performance cycling. But still
a great place for cyclists.
Old February 10th 07, 04:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Joel wrote:

I would guess that the prices for homes in the development will be
extremely high. I also think that the average cyclist would feel very
much out of place in the habitat of high performance cycling. But still
a great place for cyclists.

I suppose they would be VERY high priced- especially if ordering that
recumbent johnny puke bowl....:-)