Cycling off Migraines!!!

Old February 10th 07, 03:09 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Cycling off Migraines!!!

About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Migraine. It hit hard, nearly
disabling me for 18 months. Friends were always giving me suggestions
on what to try and someone suggested bicycling. I had tried exercise
before; in fact the link between exercise and Migraine is well
established. I love bicycling! In Jr. High I would cycle all over
the place. Down to the beach, up and down the hills of downtown .....
Yeah, I could do this!

I had an old 10-speed bike in my garage so I filled up the tires,
found my helmet, and got it ready the night before. That morning I
woke up early and went for a nice one mile ride. I came home and threw
up, and I did it every day that week: but no more Migraines!!! I sure
could have used a recumbent johnny though.....

Old February 11th 07, 05:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
ps.com...
About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Migraine. It hit hard, nearly
disabling me for 18 months. Friends were always giving me suggestions
on what to try and someone suggested bicycling. I had tried exercise
before; in fact the link between exercise and Migraine is well
established. I love bicycling! In Jr. High I would cycle all over
the place. Down to the beach, up and down the hills of downtown .....
Yeah, I could do this!

I had an old 10-speed bike in my garage so I filled up the tires,
found my helmet, and got it ready the night before. That morning I
woke up early and went for a nice one mile ride. I came home and threw
up, and I did it every day that week: but no more Migraines!!! I sure
could have used a recumbent johnny though.....

If you are still having migraines, you had better have your blood pressure
checked. All the cycling in the world won't help if you have a high blood
pressure problem.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka