v-brake and canti brake blocks

Old August 20th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter

Default v-brake and canti brake blocks

Is there a difference between v-brake and canti brake blocks...and does it
matter?

Thanks, Peter

Old August 21st 06, 01:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article
Peter wrote:
Is there a difference between v-brake and canti brake blocks...and does it
matter?

Blocks for V-brakes generally have a threaded bolt and spherical
washers, while blocks for cantilevers generally have an unthreaded bolt
and don't come with washers. Some cantilevers use the threaded type
bolts, but I don't recall any V-brakes that use the plain ones.