Crazed motorist rams and assaults Critical Mass rider.

Old December 2nd 08, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Crazed motorist rams and assaults Critical Mass rider.

What is it about driving a car that makes people do such things?

"...after a damp start, the rain held off, things were going smoothly
until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then
decided to drive like a lunatic. as several cyclists went to aid, the
driver at first tried to drive from the scene of the accident, then
scraped his own car door by pushing it hard open against a nearby
bicycle, and then assaulted the cyclist by poking him in the eye.

several riders kept the car surrounded until police arrived. the first
cops were from charing cross, and they seemed to be very much on the
side of the motorist, even suggesting that they'd arrest the cyclist
who was assaulted! after a while some paddington officers turned up,
and acted more professionally, taking details of the various
witnesses, and eventually arresting and handcuffing the crazy
driver..."

Mo
http://earthfirst.org.uk/actionreports/node/21849

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old December 2nd 08, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Boltar

On Dec 2, 7:08 am, Doug wrote:
until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then

Good.

B2003

Old December 2nd 08, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 2 Dec, 09:25, Boltar wrote:
On Dec 2, 7:08 am, Doug wrote:

until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then

Good.

Will you be joining the GollumBoycott, Boltar?
Old December 2nd 08, 09:36 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Doug wrote:

an irate motorist who had been unlawfully held up by a 'cork'

--
Paul - xxx

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old December 2nd 08, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Mark Goodge

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 23:08:24 -0800 (PST), Doug put finger to keyboard
and typed:

What is it about driving a car that makes people do such things?

Dughtread. Nothing interesting to see here.

Mark
--
"There must be a place, under the sun, where hearts of olden
glory grow young"
Old December 2nd 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Boltar

On Dec 2, 9:35 am, BrianW wrote:
On 2 Dec, 09:25, Boltar wrote:

On Dec 2, 7:08 am, Doug wrote:

until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then

Good.

Will you be joining the GollumBoycott, Boltar?

I tried , but it'll only work if we all stand together with a common
cause comrade! Lets march against the Gollum injustice to this
newsgroup! I would suggest we start in catford. What shall we have on
the placards?

B2003
Old December 2nd 08, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Mike P

"Boltar" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 9:35 am, BrianW wrote:
On 2 Dec, 09:25, Boltar wrote:

On Dec 2, 7:08 am, Doug wrote:

until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then

Good.

Will you be joining the GollumBoycott, Boltar?

I tried , but it'll only work if we all stand together with a common
cause comrade! Lets march against the Gollum injustice to this
newsgroup! I would suggest we start in catford. What shall we have on
the placards?

No idea about the placards, but I'm up for a march in Catford. I've not a
lot else happening at the moment...

Mike P

Old December 2nd 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Steve in Herts

"Doug" wrote in message
What is it about driving a car that makes people do such things?

"...after a damp start, the rain held off, things were going smoothly
until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who had
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then
decided to drive like a lunatic. as several cyclists went to aid, the
driver at first tried to drive from the scene of the accident, then
scraped his own car door by pushing it hard open against a nearby
bicycle, and then assaulted the cyclist by poking him in the eye.

Good. The cyclist deserved it for deliberately obstructing the highway.
Hopefully he'll learn not to be so bloody stupid in future.

Old December 2nd 08, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Stevie Plunder

* Doug wrote:
been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and then

What's a cork ?
Old December 2nd 08, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone[_5_]

Boltar wrote:
On Dec 2, 9:35 am, BrianW wrote:
On 2 Dec, 09:25, Boltar wrote:

On Dec 2, 7:08 am, Doug wrote:

until at marble arch, a bicycle was hit by an irate motorist who
had been briefly held up by a 'cork' at the top of park lane and
then

Good.

Will you be joining the GollumBoycott, Boltar?

I tried , but it'll only work if we all stand together with a common
cause comrade! Lets march against the Gollum injustice to this
newsgroup! I would suggest we start in catford. What shall we have on
the placards?

I think it should be something to represent the depths of his thinking and
ability to maintain a logical argument.

Since a placard with a description of his failings would end up being far to
large and unwieldy I can offer only one suggestion.

A blank card.

I'm sure other residents in his area would understand who and what was being
referred to.