Old guys, Classic races

Old May 29th 11, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Old guys, Classic races

Alexi Grewal won the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic back in the late 70's
or early 80's.
As part of his present comeback he was supposed to be riding it again
this year.
But what are the chances of a guy Alexi's age being competitive?

http://bit.ly/lxbfbM

Oh.

DR
Old May 29th 11, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jimmy July[_3_]

On 5/28/2011 8:23 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
Alexi Grewal won the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic back in the late 70's
or early 80's.
As part of his present comeback he was supposed to be riding it again
this year.
But what are the chances of a guy Alexi's age being competitive?

http://bit.ly/lxbfbM

Oh.

DR

In all our endless, repetitive talk about doping in cycling we have
overlooked the reality that some riders have skipped right over doping
and made deals directly with The Devil.

Ned Overend is Ultimate Evil!

Old May 29th 11, 12:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Jimmy July wrote:
Ned Overend is Ultimate Evil!

ilan wrote:
No, Longo!

It would be Exorcist IV if they mated.

Old May 29th 11, 02:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

ilan wrote:
No, Longo!

It would be Exorcist IV if they mated.

If that were going to happen, this could the weekend.

http://ironhorsebicycleclassic.com/s...at%201-2-3.pdf

DR
Old May 29th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Old Folks, Classic races

ilan wrote:
No, Longo!

It would be Exorcist IV if they mated.

[Edit]
If that were going to happen, this could [be] the weekend.

Old May 29th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 5/28/2011 11:05 PM, Jimmy July wrote:
On 5/28/2011 8:23 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
Alexi Grewal won the Iron Horse Bicycle Classic back in the late 70's
or early 80's.
As part of his present comeback he was supposed to be riding it again
this year.
But what are the chances of a guy Alexi's age being competitive?

http://bit.ly/lxbfbM

Oh.

DR

In all our endless, repetitive talk about doping in cycling we have overlooked the reality that some riders have skipped right over doping and made deals directly with The Devil.

Ned Overend is Ultimate Evil!

I rode the Iron Horse Classic in 1983. Got 17th, I think, in
the Cat 3 race. Michael Carter won. He started racing in 1982
and was a pro by 1984. I remember when he turned around and
looked at the lead group before disappearing up the road on
the way to Coal Bank Pass.

Ned Overend had won the Cat 4 category the year before and
was racing in the Cat 1/2 race. He kicked everyone's ass to
Silverton.

That year it was a three stage race, the haul to Silverton
followed by a crit and another road race. Ned got turned
inside out in the crit by Jeff Pierce and several other top
riders and dropped down the overall. Pierce won.

It's a great ride by Overend. But like much of road racing
these days it's primarily a masters event, probably Grewal
is not the only delusional guy there. That makes it difficult
to take seriously.

Old May 29th 11, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On May 29, 9:31*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
[...]

The results are up already. FWIW, most of the top CO racers aren't in
Durango this weekend, instead they're racing in Superior (crit
yesterday, Morgul Bismark loop today).