fair value question, Shimano 600 Ultegra

Old December 25th 03, 01:20 PM
BD

Default fair value question, Shimano 600 Ultegra

I just broke down my old Colnago Super that I built up with a complete
gruppo (excluding headset/seatpost) of Shimano 600 Ultegra in 1990,
which as far as I know was the first year of the Ultegra designation
when they came out with the 7 speed in gray paint finish.

I left the wheels (Campy Delta clinchers) built up on the 600 Ultegra
hubs and everything is in very good condition. The set includes an
Italian bb typical for Colnago (70mm shell), fd, rd, brakes, levers,
downtube shifters, hubs, cranks (170, I believe). If I hadn't decided
to just do a complete restoration on the Colnago, I would have
replaced the chainrings and rear cassette, as they've seen a good
number of miles since their last replacement.

In addition to the original Ultegra downtube shifters, I eventually
upgraded to RSX 7sp STI levers which I've used on a double ring set
up, but are triple compatible. These are top notch.

Anyhow, before I put the whole set up on RoadBike Review classifieds
or Ebay or something, I was wondering what some of you would think may
be a ball-park price for the complete set? I know it'd be helpful to
see some pics, but I haven't been able to borrow a digital camera just
yet for that purpose just yet.

From what I've seen for some items, I think I may do better to part it
out and sell off the components individually. For example, the RSX 7sp
are pretty hard to find and look to fetch somewhere around $100 alone.

Recommendations are welcome. I would just like to get the best I can
for these things as well as find a good home for this stuff.