brake blocks

Old January 14th 04, 10:24 PM
Steve Watkin

Default brake blocks

What's the general opinion on replacements for the V brakes on my hybrid?

Old January 14th 04, 10:47 PM
Pete Biggs

Steve Watkin wrote:
What's the general opinion on replacements for the V brakes on my
hybrid?

Kool Stop Salmon Mountain Pads* brake wickedly and last well - but they
can be very noisy. Also more difficult to setip than usual due to the
over-sizing.

I'll be interested if anyone knows if the Dual version is really quieter
and if brake booster would help (by making brake more rigid thus reducing
vibration).

* http://www.wiggle.co.uk/v2_product_d...dID=5300003394

~PB

Old January 14th 04, 11:15 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:24:30 +0000 (UTC), "Steve Watkin"
wrote:

What's the general opinion on replacements for the V brakes on my hybrid?

I like Kool Stop Salmon.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 15th 04, 11:14 AM
Dave Kahn

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message . ..

I like Kool Stop Salmon.

Does anyone have a reliable UK source for these, or does everyone
write off to Uncle Sheldon? Actually with the current exchange rates
that might be quite attractive.

--
Dave...
Old January 15th 04, 11:35 AM
Pete Biggs

Dave Kahn wrote:

I like Kool Stop Salmon.

Does anyone have a reliable UK source for these

Wiggle

~PB

Old January 15th 04, 12:35 PM
Graham

"Steve Watkin" wrote in message
What's the general opinion on replacements for the V brakes on my hybrid?

Replace your Hybrid !

Graham

Old January 15th 04, 07:58 PM
Simonb

Graham wrote:

Replace your Hybrid !

Eh?

Simon

Old January 16th 04, 08:37 AM
Michael MacClancy

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:58:44 -0000, Simonb wrote:

Graham wrote:

Replace your Hybrid !

Eh?

Graham is a rabid hybrid hater.
--
Michael MacClancy
Random pleonasm - "It¢s deja vu all over again." - attributed to Yogi
Old January 16th 04, 11:09 AM
Dave Kahn

On 15 Jan 2004 03:14:43 -0800, (Dave Kahn) wrote:

Does anyone have a reliable UK source for these

Following Representations, my lbs (AW Cycles in Caversham) stocks the
same. As do Wiggle.

Ta, Guy (and Pete).

--
Dave...