Road-raged

Old October 9th 03, 10:17 AM
kingsley

Default Road-raged

I was crusing down Castlereigh(sp?) street this arvo,
trying to keep up with a (bike) courier.

Sitting about 40m behind him, riding at a good speed
without hammering it (guess 25km/h). Then this
cro-magnon in a celica kind of half pulls out between us
into the bus lane. The courier zooms past, but I brake and
sit behind him.

A few seconds later he jams on the brakes, leans out
the window and shouts "get off my arse"...

I wish I had said a great retort like "get out of the bus lane",
etc, but you never think of them at the time, I guess
I was dumb-struck that someone could be such an arse.

-kt

Old October 9th 03, 11:35 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:17:28 +1000, "kingsley"
wrote:

I was crusing down Castlereigh(sp?) street this arvo,
trying to keep up with a (bike) courier.

Sitting about 40m behind him, riding at a good speed
without hammering it (guess 25km/h). Then this
cro-magnon in a celica kind of half pulls out between us
into the bus lane. The courier zooms past, but I brake and
sit behind him.

A few seconds later he jams on the brakes, leans out
the window and shouts "get off my arse"...

I wish I had said a great retort like "get out of the bus lane",
etc, but you never think of them at the time, I guess
I was dumb-struck that someone could be such an arse.

You've got to rehearse your great retorts so that you have them ready.

e.g. a few months ago I read a post here about a redneck sheila who
suggested (quite rudely) that a cyclist should get back on the
pavement where he belonged and the response from the cyclist. It
sounded pretty good to me, so I rehearsed similar responses. And I got
lucky :-)

Redneck sheila in a VH or VK Commodore winds down the LH front window
and screams "Get on the f...ing pavement where you belong?" Now, the
trick here is to keep your cool and to respond calmly, quietly and
politely. "Madam, it would be more appropriate for you to get back to
the zoo where you belong before the keepers realize you have escaped."
Make sure you have an escape path :-)

Regards,
Richard.

Old October 9th 03, 12:02 PM
Gags

You've got to rehearse your great retorts so that you have them ready.

e.g. a few months ago I read a post here about a redneck sheila who
suggested (quite rudely) that a cyclist should get back on the
pavement where he belonged and the response from the cyclist. It
sounded pretty good to me, so I rehearsed similar responses. And I got
lucky :-)

Redneck sheila in a VH or VK Commodore winds down the LH front window
and screams "Get on the f...ing pavement where you belong?" Now, the
trick here is to keep your cool and to respond calmly, quietly and
politely. "Madam, it would be more appropriate for you to get back to
the zoo where you belong before the keepers realize you have escaped."
Make sure you have an escape path :-)

Or you could try my favourite....."Pull your head in.....you look like a
f##kin' cattle truck!!!"

Gags

Old October 9th 03, 12:56 PM
Arpit

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:02:42 +1000, "Gags"
wrote:

[...]

ooh, these are good! I need MORE!!!!

Old October 9th 03, 01:55 PM
M2cycler

Kingsley wrote:
I was crusing down Castlereigh(sp?) street this arvo, trying to keep up
with a (bike) courier.
Sitting about 40m behind him, riding at a good speed without hammering
it (guess 25km/h). Then this cro-magnon in a celica kind of half pulls
out between us into the bus lane. The courier zooms past, but I brake
and sit behind him.
A few seconds later he jams on the brakes, leans out the window and
shouts "get off my arse"...
I wish I had said a great retort like "get out of the bus lane", etc,
but you never think of them at the time, I guess I was dumb-struck that
someone could be such an arse.
-kt

yeah, i always wonder how drivers feel about me drafting them. i can see
how it would be annoying though. they probably think that you'll crash
into them, especially going 60km/h one meter back.

how much do u love buses. big fat chunks of wind breaker. as a bonus,
they don't stop too quickly.

jamming on the brakes by the celica is not cool, especially for no good
reason. y not do as memhpman does. smash his window in with a heavy
object or hard fist.

Old October 9th 03, 02:41 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Gags wrote in message
You've got to rehearse your great retorts so that you have them ready.

e.g. a few months ago I read a post here about a redneck sheila who
suggested (quite rudely) that a cyclist should get back on the
pavement where he belonged and the response from the cyclist. It
sounded pretty good to me, so I rehearsed similar responses. And I got
lucky :-)

Redneck sheila in a VH or VK Commodore winds down the LH front window
and screams "Get on the f...ing pavement where you belong?" Now, the
trick here is to keep your cool and to respond calmly, quietly and
politely. "Madam, it would be more appropriate for you to get back to
the zoo where you belong before the keepers realize you have escaped."
Make sure you have an escape path :-)

Or you could try my favourite....."Pull your head in.....you look like a
f##kin' cattle truck!!!"

I seem to automatically come out with "EAT SH!+!!!" at full volume. I think
that sends a pretty clear message.
---
DFM