Cateye prep

Old December 22nd 04, 06:35 PM

Default Cateye prep

My Cateye EL300 Gigamax Headlight, basicacceptable lighting, quality
manufacture, developed a switch stuck in ON-juice bleeding through
giving a powered LED group BUT! visible only by chance or if looked
directly into the LED. This will caws some tooth grinding. I assume the
switch will stick off?

Cause? dirt? The Jiffy Bath sprayed down into the switch with the LED
held upward gives a pool of Jiffy. Switching on and off yawl can roll
the pool back thru and side to side to flush dirt then let dry.

and magic: switch works agin'

whew!

further

Cures: !! Green spring?? Take the lights and electronics battery box
lids off and inspect for the green disease. Inspect now not later.
Aha!! Green Spring?? I'm using Jiffy bath series II from GC
electronics. Great stuff Pro stuff. No more corroded battery
terminals. A nice coat of armorall over all the 21st century plastic
rubber from cateye kkeps everything fresh for summer. The prestone
silicone lube from Woolmort might work. I dunno.