Addlestone Level Crossing closed next week.

Old February 11th 05, 05:29 PM
Chris Gerhard

Default Addlestone Level Crossing closed next week.

According to the road signs the level crossing at Addlestone in surrey
will be closed all next week and there will be diversions. Since I
cross it every day on the way to work does any one know if there is an
alternative way over the railway near by? I don't fancy risking the
foot bridge with cleats and a heavy bike, but the obvious road route
involves the M25 junction, which does not seem that nice either.

Any ideas? Preferably ones that don't increase my 21 mile journey to much.

--chris

Old February 11th 05, 07:24 PM
Simonb

Chris Gerhard wrote:

Any ideas? Preferably ones that don't increase my 21 mile journey to
much.

Much? 21 miles is quite a long way!

Old February 11th 05, 08:16 PM
David Hansen

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:29:52 +0000 someone who may be Chris Gerhard
wrote this:-

According to the road signs the level crossing at Addlestone in surrey
will be closed all next week and there will be diversions. Since I
cross it every day on the way to work does any one know if there is an
alternative way over the railway near by? I don't fancy risking the
foot bridge with cleats and a heavy bike, but the obvious road route
involves the M25 junction, which does not seem that nice either.

Contact Network Rail and ask them. If they don't have a satisfactory
answer contact the council and your MP.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
Old February 12th 05, 09:40 AM
Epetruk

Chris Gerhard wrote:
According to the road signs the level crossing at Addlestone in surrey
will be closed all next week and there will be diversions. Since I
cross it every day on the way to work does any one know if there is an
alternative way over the railway near by? I don't fancy risking the
foot bridge with cleats and a heavy bike, but the obvious road route
involves the M25 junction, which does not seem that nice either.

Any ideas? Preferably ones that don't increase my 21 mile journey to
much.

I took a look at my A-Z of the area, and the alternative doesn't seem to
involve much of an extension to your journey.

Presumably, if you have to take the level crossing at Addlestone, you must
ride along Station Road (B3121). Assuming that on your journey, you first
reach the B3121/A318 junction and further on you reach the B3121/A317
junction, then instead of going down the B3121 as you would to go across the
level crossing, you could:

(a) go on to the A318 you get to the junction of B3121/A318;
(b) carry down on Chertsey Road (A318) till you get to the roundabout
junction of A318/A317;
(c) turn right at roundabout on to Woburn Hill (A317);
(d) at roundabout junction of A317/B3121 go straight ahead.

HTH,

--
Akin

aknak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

Old February 14th 05, 10:54 AM
Chris Gerhard

Epetruk wrote:
Chris Gerhard wrote:

[...]

thanks for the suggestion, that was pretty much my best thought as well.
However I have now spoken to the people blocking the road and they say
it will not be blocked to cyclists:-). I'll find out on the way home.