Full Body back flips, discussion thread/ Competition thread.

Old August 8th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibeast009

Default Full Body back flips, discussion thread/ Competition thread.

Ok, here's what I think. I have really thought about doing this before,
but haven't really tried it. I can do a standing, flatland backflip,
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbu2uzFwhXs - that's me) and that is
hard. I don't think it is possible to do that on flat ground with a 15
lbs. unicycle. However, I really think it is possible to do one off a
ledge of some sorts. If you still try it on flat ground, I think it
would take A LOT more than just balls do even get close to landing it.
I don't want to sound like a downer, in fact I want to be in the
competition, but I think doing one on flat ground is very
unrealistic. I will try it off a ledge, but by Sept., I probably wont
get it. (I may wait for the snow) Good luck, and be safe.

--
unibeast009

Anyone in Central Oregon? )-O

ThisGuyIKnow wrote:
Yes it was Jumanji, because that movie is all about flying carpets.

With such keen knowledge no wonder you support Bush

Old August 8th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I have always been able to do backflips into water, but I have never
attempted one on foam/grass/whatever. I would like to learn how to do
a standing backflip from the ground, but I would want to do it in a gym
with a spotter. Doing a backflip with a uni sounds too crazy to me, but
good luck!

--
siafirede

'DCuni' (http://www.dcuni.com/blog) - my blog about Unicycling in
Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland
*James* = my name | 'Myspace' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout)
Old August 8th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I have always wanted to be able to do a standing backflip from the
ground, but I would definitely want to do it in a gym with foam and a
spotter. Doing backflips off ledges into water is pretty easy, and I
have fun doing that. Doing a backflip with a unicycle sounds really
hard though, good luck with that!

Here is a pic of me doing a backflip off a ledge near a waterfall last
weekend by the way. For now, I will stick to just backflipping into
water, but hopefully someday I will get myself into a gym and learn how
to do a standing backflip.

28000

|Filename: mebackflipsized.jpg |

Old August 8th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

unibeast009 wrote:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbu2uzFwhXs - that's me)

hi ian, are you going to do a backflip on the ground?

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)
'
Come ride with me on August 22nd and 23rd!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=71517), Please
contact me with the provided information, considering the thread is
locked.
Old August 8th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibeast009

unibikeling wrote:
hi ian, are you going to do a backflip on the ground?

'edit: this guys a douche, but his tutorial seems really good'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcAxRVqzdSc)

Yeah, I was a dork when I made that back in 7th. grade.

--
unibeast009

Anyone in Central Oregon? )-O

Old August 9th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fairypenguin22

I've always wanted to do a regular backflip on the ground, I don't want
to try it on a unicycle. I also want to learn how to backflip 'off of a
tree' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XElnOCRX-nQ).

--
fairypenguin22

"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, its about the size of
the fight in the dog."

St. Louis, MO riders please PM me.
Old August 9th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibeast009

fairypenguin22 wrote:
I've always wanted to do a regular backflip on the ground, I don't want
to try it on a unicycle. I also want to learn how to backflip 'off of a
tree' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XElnOCRX-nQ).

This is me too-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dH6kD3XRgI

--
unibeast009

Anyone in Central Oregon? )-O

Old August 9th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
I think you should get normal backflips solid on tramp, then try ground
or solid to tramp, then elevated uni to pool then maybe elevated uni to
tramp?
A believe its possible but the flat uni backflip is a little too
crazy.
There are plenty of tutorials on youtube
'This one' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8CRrFXzH4) give the idea
of using a spotter. This would be something to look into but possibly a
little dangerous?

--
samsta002

It's OK; luckily my neck broke my fall.
Old August 9th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

samsta002 wrote:
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
I think you should get normal backflips solid on tramp, then try ground
or solid to tramp, then elevated uni to pool then maybe elevated uni to
tramp?
A believe its possible but the flat uni backflip is a little too
crazy.
There are plenty of tutorials on youtube
'This one' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ8CRrFXzH4) give the idea
of using a spotter. This would be something to look into but possibly a
little dangerous?

Why is it to crazy? I believe it can be done. Years ago wouldn't they
have said 900 uni-spins and front flips are a little too crazy? It's
time to just do it.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old August 9th 08, 09:28 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
samsta002

wickedbob wrote:
Why is it to crazy? I believe it can be done. Years ago wouldn't they
have said 900 uni-spins and front flips are a little too crazy? It's
time to just do it.

Thats true. I think the mechanics of the trick would be very hard but i
guess they said that about the front and 900 too..
You got me there. Good luck