Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

Old August 19th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

Default Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

padst3r wrote:
Im pretty sure im number 5

That shows how little you know about the world of unicycling then.

--
scotthue
Old August 19th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

scotthue wrote:
That shows how little you know about the world of unicycling then.

We're kids. Either put up with our antics or make an age restriction on
the thread lollololol

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old August 19th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

unicycledood wrote:
I was only commenting on the tool competition comment lol.

I'm don't think that's all that funny, just be careful what you say
especially on forums where it is hard to tell if someone is joking or
being sarcastic or is serious.

unicycledood wrote:
We're kids. Either put up with our antics or make an age restriction on
the thread lollololol

Take a little look at MY age and tell me there needs to be an age
restriction, how about a maturity restriction.

--
scotthue
Old August 19th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

scotthue wrote:
I'm don't think that's all that funny, just be careful what you say
especially on forums where it is hard to tell if someone is joking or
being sarcastic or is serious.

Take a little look at my age then.

I'm sorry if you did not notice the smiley face after my earlier
comment.

Yes, act your age young man.

--
unicycledood

Old August 19th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

unicycledood wrote:
I'm sorry if you did not notice the smiley face after my earlier
comment.

Yes, act your age young man.

If acting my age means acting like you, no thanks.

--
scotthue
Old August 19th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

scotthue wrote:
If acting my age means acting like you, no thanks.

I'm sorry for being such a immature jerk I hope someday I'll be as
mature as you.

Back on topic then, sir.

--
unicycledood

Old August 19th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

tholub wrote:
I didn't say it *is* boring, I said it *looks* boring to
non-unicyclists. Evidence: non-unicyclists don't watch trials
competitions.

At the trials comps I've been too (bike trials) the majority of the
spectators were didn't ride bike trials.

--
maximus unius
Old August 19th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
fairypenguin22

I think the easiest things to add for Olympic unicycling would be high
jump and long jump.

--
fairypenguin22

"It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, its about the size of
the fight in the dog."

St. Louis, MO riders please PM me.
Old August 19th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomkarches

tholub wrote:
It looks good in the sense of "wow, that's amazing," but not in the
sense of "hey, I gotta get home, the unicycle trials world
championships are on!" Trials competitions are low and slow, with a
lot more errors than other sports people are accustomed to watching as
spectators.

I need to hurry home and watch the Olympic synchronized diving :-)

And the Trampoline.

Obviously "amazing" is not a prerequisite for Olympic events. I suppose
others are more amazed than me.

What turned me on to unicycling was seeing Kris Holm ride, street (One
Tired Guy) and offroad (Unizaba). I keep the previews of these videos
on my iPod to show people what unicyclists can do.

If the trials were done in confined course like the Dan Heaton/Zach
Baldwin competition (on that silly TV show whose name I can't recall),
I think it would be pretty compelling. I'm obviously biased, though.

--tom

--
tomkarches
Old August 19th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

adjuggler wrote:
But I still think the olympics should only be "warrior" sports, like
swimming, running, fighting, javelin.

in that case we can only be represented with unicycle sumo

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)