Today's Ride

Old October 20th 07, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Randell[_2_]

Default Today's Ride

Cracking audax today: Colours of Clumber 2 - 117km from Clowne (106 miles
total including riding there and back). The weather was just about as good
as it could be in mid October, frosty first thing in the morning and wreaths
of mist in the valleys as we left Clowne heading out to Clumber Park.
Clumber was indeed colourful and we made two traverses of the park on the
outward and return legs.

I must say that at the finish I wasn't looking forward to the 17 miles or so
return leg to home, but I chose the shorter, and hillier, route and the
miles ticked off quite easily. All in all a nice round-off to my audax
season.

Many thanks to Clive for running this event twice over two weekends so that
more riders can enjoy it.

--

Nigel

Old October 20th 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

And much the same could be said about today's Mid Sussex Hilly (except
that the mist had cleared by the time we did any descending).
Thanks to Martin Malins and his helpers for a cracking day out in
sunny Sussex.

Old October 22nd 07, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:44:27 -0700, squeaker
wrote:

And much the same could be said about today's Mid Sussex Hilly (except
that the mist had cleared by the time we did any descending).
Thanks to Martin Malins and his helpers for a cracking day out in
sunny Sussex.

Nice ride wasn't it. No badgers mind (alive or dead). Did see a
couple of buzzards circling as we did the bit between Balcombe and
Staplefield. And a dead deer on the side of the road on the way home.

Presumably yours was the recumbent.

--

Tim

Old October 22nd 07, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On 22 Oct, 09:57, Tim Hall wrote:
Presumably yours was the recumbent.

Yep: and, despite taking about 3kg off it compared with last year, I
probably got less far up Cob Lane this time - partly due to having
to brake hard at the bottom to avoid virtually trackstanding DF
riders.... still I walked up at about the same speed as them
The last 20km was glorious rolling hills stuff though - ideal
recumbent territory

Old October 23rd 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:40:48 -0700, squeaker
wrote:

On 22 Oct, 09:57, Tim Hall wrote:
Presumably yours was the recumbent.

Yep: and, despite taking about 3kg off it compared with last year, I
probably got less far up Cob Lane this time - partly due to having
to brake hard at the bottom to avoid virtually trackstanding DF
riders.... still I walked up at about the same speed as them
The last 20km was glorious rolling hills stuff though - ideal
recumbent territory

Pix at:
http://www.mikeanton.com/Cycling/MidSussexHilly20Oct07/index.html

I'm the knackered looking bloke in the tandem club top:

http://www.mikeanton.com/Cycling/MidSussexHilly20Oct07/slides/MAA_4739.html
--

Tim

Old October 23rd 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Tim Hall tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:

I'm the knackered looking bloke in the tandem club top:

http://www.mikeanton.com/Cycling/MidSussexHilly20Oct07/slides/MAA_4739.html

Wot colour is that bike?

g,d&r

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

today's ride Zebee Johnstone Australia 7 May 14th 06 09:02 AM
Seen on today's ride Brian G UK 31 January 25th 06 12:58 PM
Today's ride Tim Hall UK 6 February 3rd 04 11:45 AM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 13 January 9th 04 12:32 PM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 57 December 3rd 03 04:23 PM