Full Body back flips, discussion thread/ Competition thread.

Old August 6th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Default Full Body back flips, discussion thread/ Competition thread.

Alright, I have wanted to learn how to do this for a while and am
finally going to start my journey, I'll have to learn them on my feet
first though. So has anybody landed them yet or have any tips? I feel
pretty confident that I'll be able to get them, don't get me wrong, I
think it's going to take a tremendous amount of work coupled with blood
sweat and tears, but I do believe it is possible.

Today I made a friendly wager with my father for 1,000 us dollars that
by the end of next years summer, September 25, I'll be able to land
them. Hopefully I'll win, I think I might be able to, just maybe. I
figured this would be sufficient motivation as this is a real bet, and
I'm not made of money.

Technique on the back flips, this is the big part. I was thinking sif,
so you could tuck and land on the tire if need be. As long as you can
keep the seat of of your face and chest this seems to be the best most
straight forward way since I'm not looking to do them off of anything.

Who's with me to start training? This is a pretty big step in my eyes,
it will get people to recognise our sport. I mean, crazy crank flips
are all good, but to a random person they look similar, but a backflip
is something recognizable by everyone.

How about we make a little sig thing for anybody that lands them on
September, 25, 09. Instead of having only so many available, we can
just put 1sr, 2nd and so on. Also, do you guys see me as crazy for
thinking I'm going to learn this in a year, there seems to be a decent
amount who didn't believe they were really possible before unicon this
year. Hopefully I'm not just making a fool of myself.

--
wickedbob

R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

'Add wickedbob to your ignore list' (http://tinyurl.com/3dfrko).

My posts don't count they came from MR...would they matter anyways?
Old August 6th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
adjuggler

Having no knowlege of backflips on a unicycle, I believe the hardest
thing would be gaining the correct rotating momemtum of putting the
unicycle around would be the tricky part. But I also believe that Si
would be easier since you get more body control. Are there
restrictions about jumping off something? (try practicing on a
trampoline?)

--
adjuggler

----------David---------
_661 (\"sixsixone.com\")_
'(Youtube
Page)'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/ADJuggler)
'(Vimeo)'
(http://www.vimeo.com/adjuggler)
Old August 6th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

Ur f***ing crazy

--
Unreal-Wheel

)-2xLegwrap-O 2nd Place

Unicycle For Inflexibility

Old August 6th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

Thats a little bit too crazy for my liking, I haven't even done a back
flip on the trampoline after kneeing myself in the face. But good luck
too you.

I wish I was good as I am now back in like 2000, that way I could of
been the best in the world. But now the sports getting too crazy. Stuff
I wouldn't even without a unicycle.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/
Old August 6th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

adjuggler wrote:
Having no knowlege of backflips on a unicycle, I believe the hardest
thing would be gaining the correct rotating momemtum of putting the
unicycle around would be the tricky part. But I also believe that Si
would be easier since you get more body control. Are there
restrictions about jumping off something? (try practicing on a
trampoline?)

Nope, just have to land one. It seems to be that the back swinging
motion will be hard to obtain/ control, but very possible. With si you
would need to have a really high hop, with sif you wouldn't need to
jump half as high.

Old August 6th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Any Terrain

littleman wrote:
But now the sports getting too crazy. Stuff I wouldn't even without a
unicycle.

Unispin without a uni?

Oh, and you are crazy!

--
Any Terrain

'The Great Chicago Meet-up Thread'
Old August 6th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

Unreal-Wheel wrote:
Ur f***ing crazy

You, sir, are crazy for thinking I am. Why would you say I'm crazy.

This is a serious thread, so respond is such a way. Super cereal.

Old August 6th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

Hmm... Yeah, practice on a trampoline definitely, and then on a
mini-trampoline to flat.

SIF would be the best i would think. I would attempt to put the seat
forwards a little, and push as hard as possible and lean back, and
start to curve your back a little, like a normal backflip (on feet),
and then push, and pull the uni close into you, and tuck. The uni would
give extra momentum.

--
unibikeling

'sixsixone - Great equipment for all riding!' (http://sixsixone.com/)
'
Come ride with me on August 22nd and 23rd!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=71517), Please
contact me with the provided information, considering the thread is
locked.
Old August 6th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

No, don't practice on a trampoline. You can still get seriously injured
if you land on your head.

Do it in a foam pit

Old August 6th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wickedbob

I was thinking a prehop then as you said leaning back and tucking.

It's possible people, somebody has to do with with me. Do you people
not want to be some of the elite few to be able to backflip? I'll rub
your nose in it.