Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

Old August 18th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
leadpan

Default Muni or Trials as Olympic sport?

Hey gang, was wondering while watching the Olympics...
If ever a day comes when unicycling becomes an Olympic sports, which
style would prevail?

MUni race: 15-30 people UP and DOWN a steep mountain on a 24 KH with
Large Marge tire?

OR

Trials with heavy-metal/funk/rave/(insert favorite music here) playing
in background with obstacles while displaying various uni skill sets
with perfect 10s(like gymnastics) for scoring?

OR

Winter Uni racing around an ice rink with uni tires with spikes!
Ok, that's sounds bit wacky but then again my neighbors and friends
already thinks riding a uni is wacky anyways.

Other ideas?

--
leadpan

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever" - Lance Armstrong
Old August 18th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
forrestunifreak

leadpan wrote:
Trials with heavy-metal/funk/rave/(insert favorite music here) playing
in background with obstacles while displaying various uni skill sets
with perfect 10s(like gymnastics) for scoring?

I think that would basically be called "street".

Although I guess it could be looked at as Artistic Trials?

--
forrestunifreak

'*-My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl) -
hasn't been
updated*www.qu-ax.com*
*unicycle for christ*

Joe "Hodgekins" wrote:
Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?

Old August 18th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Kilian

definetly the street/trials

i could definetly see freestyle with figure skating tho...

--
Kilian

maestro8 wrote:
I wear a sleeveless unitard for trials and I muni in a camouflage tu-tu.

vanpaun wrote:
Kids take notice of hobo chuck. Drugs are bad for you.

warlord14 wrote:
we need to build are numbers up then we can start on are way to unicycle
domination.

Old August 18th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Nah, it would be road racing

Or Cross-country Muni

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details.
Old August 18th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
padst3r

Trials for sure

--
padst3r

Harry Potter uses a Nimbus and he is the best magician of all time.

Proud member of the 'Team Nelson Unicyclists'
(http://www.teamnelsonuni.co.nr)
'My Videos' (http://www.youtube.com/padst3r)
*)---', 6ft Static Gap
Old August 18th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

Since there is no counterpart to ice skating in the Summer olympics,
freestyle unicycling has real potential to be an olympic sport.

MUni and road unicycling might be viable if the course was a
circuit/spectator friendly.

I personally would not want to see unicycle track racing at the
olympics, and I feel non unicyclists would feel the same way.

Bike trials isn't even an olympic sport so I doubt Uni trials would be
any time soon.

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Old August 18th 08, 08:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

I, of course, would prefer street (maybe freestyle too).

But I would say that racing of some sort is more likely, as I don't
think skateboarding or BMX are in the olympics

--
peleschramm

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=peleproductions
unicycle for atheism and Spencer.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca
Old August 18th 08, 09:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Lutz

BMX is in the olympics.

I think freestyle is the best to watch for the audience there are
enough races in the olympics, the street and flat riders are just to
bad or not consistent for a serious competition right now. To be honest
except from a few riders especialy the flat battle at unicon was realy
boring. But I hope that unicycling will never become olympic, in my
mind the olympics havent much to do with sport it is just bussiness to
give a few athlets and many old man who are involved in the IOC money.
It would destroy the nice flair from our sport pretty soon. I think the
thing that makes unicycling so special is that we have the only sport I
know which has competitions on a very high lever together with just
hanging out and enjoying the convention part of a unicon or other
event.

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
Old August 18th 08, 09:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
peleschramm

Lutz wrote:
BMX is in the olympics.

I just checked. It is in their, but only bmx racing. Although I was
partially wrong, my point is just as valid as before, if not moreso.

Old August 18th 08, 09:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Johaaan

MUni, Street, Trial and Freestyle

hockey and basketball?

--