I'm ready to challenge Big Brother over Taking the Lane

Old August 15th 09, 03:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default I'm ready to challenge Big Brother over Taking the Lane

AM I AS A CYCLIST ENTITLED TO THE FULL LANE OF TRAFFIC?

You know, here in Florida --and some other states-- bicycles are
vehicles, and thus any discrimination against them would be against
the law. When you ride the right side of the lane as "practical as
possible," cars often harass you and make it impossible for you to
have a safe environment. This point is particularly clear for TAKING
THE LANE,

TWO VEHICLES DO NOT FIT ON THE SAME LANE.

This lawyer's website says this much...

"Bike riders are generally required to ride in the streets, and they
are entitled to a full lane."

http://www.sgglaw.com/PracticeAreas/Bike-Accidents.asp

The case is very similar to the Declaration of Indepence's "All Men
are created Equal...," but then discrimination went on for nearly 200
years.

Are we on the verge of the next Civil Rights Movement?

***POSTED HERE!***

http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/87436.aspx

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning
religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the
monkey's. - Mark Twain

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

Old August 15th 09, 10:19 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default Me the next Rosa Parks?

Me the next Rosa Parks? That and more people are saying at the Legal
Forum above.

Hey, are you on the side of the predator or the prey?

Old August 15th 09, 11:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

(from the Legal Forum)

adjuster jack:
What amuses me about this civil rights board is that it attracts
loonies who post rants and diatribes about perceived inequalities
without having any idea what they are talking about. ... Where it
lists the limitations and restrictions on bicycle operators. Isn't it
amazing that the bicycle statute appears within the Motor Vehicle
statute where traffic laws are applied equally to motor vehicle
operators as the are to bicycle riders. You still want to be equal?
Will you stop at every stop light? Will you stop at every stop sign?
Ride at the normal speed of traffic? Stay off the sidewalk? If traffic
backs up will you patiently sit in the lane till the traffic moves
again?

***

Loonies are people too. They have the right to ride bike in peace and
not be harassed/threatened by motor vehicles. Loonies go to church and
nobody messes with them. Loonies run this country and they get away
with it.

Actually, we don't have to comply with the same regulations because
they are stupid when applied to bikes.

No, we don't have a License to Kill. No, we don't drive phone in hand.
No, we don't harass anyone.

We do NOT belong on the sidewalk, and we have NO place on the road
either.

Despite what the Florida law says or doesn't say, many drivers act
like we don't belong there. And the police is totally indifferent to
the issue, as they are concentrated on handing speeding tickets, which
is where the revenue is.

It's a jungle however you put it.

Old August 16th 09, 03:16 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
ComandanteBanana writes:

AM I AS A CYCLIST ENTITLED TO THE FULL LANE OF TRAFFIC?

Not generally. Taking the lane is a tactic to occasionally
be artfully and temporarily employed in micro-circumstances,
and to be relinquished at the earliest safe opportunity.

And you are certainly no Rosa Parks.

How dare you!

You know, here in Florida --and some other states-- bicycles are
vehicles, and thus any discrimination against them would be against
the law. When you ride the right side of the lane as "practical as
possible," cars often harass you and make it impossible for you to
have a safe environment. This point is particularly clear for TAKING
THE LANE,

TWO VEHICLES DO NOT FIT ON THE SAME LANE.

That depends on the lane.

You "take the lane" road hogs are screwing over the
real cyclists.

Take your "take the lane" battlecry and shove it
where the moon doesn't shine.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old August 16th 09, 04:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
[...]
Of course, the ideal would be to separate cars and bikes, but where's

the money and/or political will to do so?

How much money can it cost to build a bike trail compared to a road?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 16th 09, 04:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Aug 15, 10:16*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * ComandanteBanana writes:

AM I AS A CYCLIST ENTITLED TO THE FULL LANE OF TRAFFIC?

Not generally. *Taking the lane is a tactic to occasionally
be artfully and temporarily employed in micro-circumstances,
and to be relinquished at the earliest safe opportunity.

And you are certainly no Rosa Parks.

How dare you!

Why you think their cause was any more superior than ours? Blacks were
no better, no worse than whites. They were just people.

But we are SUPERIOR to drivers. Comprende? We are doing the right
thing so your Polar Bears won't go extinct.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME DOING SOMETHING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
WHAT'S YOUR AGENDA, DUDE?

Yes, I'm also doing it for myself and many others, so you better keep
your mouth shut if you have any morals... But you don't have any,
right?

You know, here in Florida --and some other states-- bicycles are
vehicles, and thus any discrimination against them would be against
the law. When you ride the right side of the lane as "practical as
possible," cars often harass you and make it impossible for you to
have a safe environment. This point is particularly clear for TAKING
THE LANE,

TWO VEHICLES DO NOT FIT ON THE SAME LANE.

That depends on the lane.

You "take the lane" road hogs are screwing over the
real cyclists.

Take your "take the lane" battlecry and shove it
where the moon doesn't shine.

How about limiting the width of these...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Ford-F350.jpg

I feel like I'm in the land of the dinosaurs (both physically and
mentally)...

And you are a PREDATOR, AND YOU CAN EAT MY BANANA!

Old August 16th 09, 05:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

* * * * ComandanteBanana writes:

AM I AS A CYCLIST ENTITLED TO THE FULL LANE OF TRAFFIC?

Not generally. *Taking the lane is a tactic to occasionally
be artfully and temporarily employed in micro-circumstances,
and to be relinquished at the earliest safe opportunity.

And you are certainly no Rosa Parks.

How dare you!

Why you think their cause was any more superior than ours?

Actually, in an emphatic word: Yes!

Blacks were
no better, no worse than whites. They were just people.
But we are SUPERIOR to drivers.

Ya think so, eh? You deign to invoke the word: "superior," eh?
That speaks volumes about you.

Comprende? We are doing the right
thing so your Polar Bears won't go extinct.

Bull doodey. You're just trying to scare cyclists off the
streets & roads with dire bs yack about the so-called
dangers of riding a bike.

WHY DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME DOING SOMETHING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT?
WHAT'S YOUR AGENDA, DUDE?

You are the cyclists' insidious Fifth Column.

Yes, I'm also doing it for myself and many others, so you better keep
your mouth shut if you have any morals... But you don't have any,
right?

You work against cycling. /You're/ the one with the agendumb.
/You're/ the one trying to convince riders to be antisocial,
driver-hating road hogs. You are subverting the cycling cause.
Artlessly attempting to, anyways.

As for morals: my love and respect for my fellow human beans
transcends any morals. No, I don't have any morals, because
I have better, more heartfelt and soulful stuff instead.

Morals & ethics are just cheap filler that guide people as to
how to act, rather than how to truly ~be~.

Your undermining of my approach makes you my enemy. In fact,
that makes you the enemy of all humanity.

Maybe someday you'll get it right, and not be my enemy anymore.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Old August 16th 09, 06:15 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
ComandanteBanana writes:

AM I AS A CYCLIST ENTITLED TO THE FULL LANE OF TRAFFIC?

Not generally. Taking the lane is a tactic to occasionally
be artfully and temporarily employed in micro-circumstances,
and to be relinquished at the earliest safe opportunity.

And you are certainly no Rosa Parks.
[...]

Mike V*nd*m*n would be a better comparison.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Celebrity culture is an opposite of community, informing us
Old August 16th 09, 10:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Keitht

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Me the next Rosa Parks? That and more people are saying at the Legal
Forum above.

Hey, are you on the side of the predator or the prey?

Do we have to pick sides or is it just assumed that people will veer one
way or the other.
What about those who may prefer splinters up thier arse?
Or those who have no wish to be lumped in with others?

C.B. may well be from across the pond but to answer Gary Glitter's query
- I don't really want to be in your gang, nor will I take the
solipsistic's mother's way out and insist that everyone else is marching
out of step.

--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.
Old August 16th 09, 01:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default "Comandante Banana the next M*k* V*d*m*n?

Keitht wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
Me the next Rosa Parks? That and more people are saying at the Legal
Forum above.

Hey, are you on the side of the predator or the prey?

Do we have to pick sides[...]

Yes.

However, those of us on the side that "Comandante Banana" aka "King of
the Apes" aka "Don Quixote" is a troll are correct.