Gas went from $4.58gl to $4.03gl here in last month!

Old August 4th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default Gas went from $4.58gl to $4.03gl here in last month!

In article ,
Fred Fredburger wrote:

I'm glad gas prices dropped too, I'd like to think that'll continue. But
who knows? I can believe:
http://tinyurl.com/5vlry5
or:
http://tinyurl.com/62qjhk

Strangely, the people I've heard blaming speculators for the cost of gas
have been more right wing than left. Like these guys:

http://cbs4denver.com/business/airli....2.767948.html

________________________
Somewhat surprisingly, Republicans have been at least as willing as Democrats to
denounce evil speculators. But it turns out that conservative faith in free markets
somehow evaporates when it comes to oil. For example, National Review has been
publishing articles blaming speculators for high oil prices for years, ever since the
price passed $50 a barrel.
snip
Why are politicians so eager to pin the blame for oil prices on speculators?
Because it lets them believe that we donąt have to adapt to a world of expensive gas.
________________________
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/27/op...27krugman.html

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 4th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 8/3/08 8:53 PM, in article
, "Howard Kveck"
wrote:

In article , ST
wrote:

You idiot.......
Are you really trying to say oil prices in the last 5 years are all about
finite supply?!?

It has been speculation based on world present and future events INCLUDING
current supply streams.

THEN!!! You enter a possible NEW supply stream and BAM!!
Oil went down $20 right AFTER Bush rescinded the executive order.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/posthocf.html

Do not be a ****in idiot.........
You know why oil "mysteriously" went down $25 per barrel right after the
move by Bush! The same way oil went UP during certain events in the Midwest!

Are you assbags gonna argue an idiot fallacy or give your real explanation?

Old August 4th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Aug 3, 8:32*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 8:15 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Aug 3, 7:02*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 6:57 PM, in article
, "Kurgan

Gringioni" wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:45*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 5:00 PM, in article
, "Tom Kunich"

cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

The price didn't drop because of Bush. Congress still has to act and
even if that were accomplished next week it would take 5-10 years
before any oil would actually enter the supply chain.

You really are willing to fall for anything that the Liberal news has to
say
don't you? Alaskan slope oil could be in the system in a year or even
less.
Offshore drilling in California could have oil in the system in 3 years.
The

same for gulf coast oil which is drilled for with movable platforms in
some
areas. The North Dakota oil will be in the system in two years.

But by all means be the parrot you actually are.

This SURE looks like a big price drop right at the same time Bush removed
the executive block on our drilling offshore here...

http://www.durangobill.com/OilChart.html

Dumbass -

The price of oil is determined by supply vs. demand. Economics 101.

Not only has there been zero amounts of oil added to the market as a
result of Bush's action, there's been zero amounts of even exploratory
drilling. Because Congress hasn't authorized it.

Any market shift is coincidental. Bush and other politicians can
squawk all day long into their microphones, but unless it has an
effect on the supply or the demand, they won't be affecting the price..

BTW, the energy debate is not a liberal or conservative issue. It's a
long term national security issue that needs to be solved by everyone
because if it isn't, everyone's way of life in this country is going
to suffer.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

It is called SPECULATION assbag! You understand futures???

Dumbass -

Increasing the supply of oil takes a lot of time, far longer periods
of time than you can buy futures.

Remember the Oil Crisis of the 70's? Then the reverse: $10/barrell oil
in the early 90's? Then here we are again today with an oil crisis.
The cycles in the relation between supply/demand/price in oil are
measured in decades, not days. Besides the drilling/discovery aspect
of the enterprise, there's a lot of infrastructure which needs to be
constructed before a field's bounty can be distributed to the
consumer. Especially today - all the easy to get to stuff has already
been taken out of the ground.

This is the fifth cycle we've been through since oil was exploited in
the 1859. This last cycle took 30 years to complete (mid 70's till
today) - and its duration is consistent with the average time frames
of the previous cycles.

For an in depth look at the history of oil, check out "The Prize" by
Daniel Yergin. Excellent piece of work, won him a Pulitzer and
deservedly so.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

You idiot.......
Are you really trying to say oil prices in the last 5 years are all about
finite supply?!?

Dumbass -

Rising demand coupled with the 5-10 year lead time of getting major
projects (supply) on line.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old August 4th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , ST wrote:

On 8/3/08 8:53 PM, in article
, "Howard Kveck"
wrote:

In article , ST

wrote:

You idiot.......
Are you really trying to say oil prices in the last 5 years are all about
finite supply?!?

It has been speculation based on world present and future events INCLUDING
current supply streams.

THEN!!! You enter a possible NEW supply stream and BAM!!
Oil went down $20 right AFTER Bush rescinded the executive order.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/posthocf.html

Do not be a ****in idiot.........
You know why oil "mysteriously" went down $25 per barrel right after the
move by Bush! The same way oil went UP during certain events in the Midwest!

Are you assbags gonna argue an idiot fallacy or give your real explanation?

Steve, it was and continues to be you that's arguing the fallacy, you just don't
get it. As usual.

Old August 4th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Aug 3, 8:28*pm, ST wrote:
On 8/3/08 8:14 PM, in article , "Philip
Holman" wrote:

EVERY resource on this planet can be considered finite you assbag!

Resources are typically renewable or non-renewable.

Phil H

Are you using semantics now to disagree with me like everyone else??
Are you saying everyone is wrong but you?
Are you saying I am wrong?
Are you saying, Gob forbid, Henry is wrong???

Dumbass,

A resource can be finite, but renewable.
There's a limited amount of rainwater per year in the
American West, but we can use that amount
(which is somewhat less than our current consumption)
every year, and it will come back the next year.

On the other hand, oil and other fossil fuels
are finite, period. Once you pump the last well,
internal combustion engines will be collectibles
like gold Regina freewheels, until you wait
a million or so years for the oil to come back.

Think about that - it took hundreds of millions of
years to lay down all that petroleum, and we'll have
used all of it (except the tar sands) up in 200 years
since Titusville. Isn't it an exciting time to be alive?

Ben

P.S. By the way, the exception to these resource rules
is stupidity. Stupidity is renewable, and does not appear
to be finite.

Old August 4th 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Tapping offshore reserves is just a bandaid in the long run.

William Asher wrote:
Probably not the best place to use "tapping."

Better than nailing them.

Old August 4th 08, 01:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 8/3/08 11:16 PM, in article
, "Howard Kveck"
wrote:

In article , ST
wrote:

On 8/3/08 8:53 PM, in article
, "Howard Kveck"
wrote:

In article , ST

wrote:

You idiot.......
Are you really trying to say oil prices in the last 5 years are all about
finite supply?!?

It has been speculation based on world present and future events INCLUDING
current supply streams.

THEN!!! You enter a possible NEW supply stream and BAM!!
Oil went down $20 right AFTER Bush rescinded the executive order.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/posthocf.html

Do not be a ****in idiot.........
You know why oil "mysteriously" went down $25 per barrel right after the
move by Bush! The same way oil went UP during certain events in the Midwest!

Are you assbags gonna argue an idiot fallacy or give your real explanation?

Steve, it was and continues to be you that's arguing the fallacy, you just
don't
get it. As usual.

Baby Howie, you still ain't got ****?
Then tell me WHY?

"You're a liar!"
"Then tell me, what is the truth?"
"I do not know but you are wrong!"

Old August 4th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST[_2_]

On 8/4/08 12:04 AM, in article
,

Holman" wrote:

[...]

Why do you assbags always change the argument from the substance to picky
semantics of grammer?!?!?!

LBS OF THE MONTH datakoll Techniques 2 April 24th 08 02:30 AM
LBS OF THE MONTH datakoll Techniques 0 April 8th 08 01:03 AM
after one month lucky_8 Unicycling 14 February 27th 06 05:26 AM
one month uni-less... at least... Mistercookieface87 Unicycling 2 May 25th 04 02:37 AM
one month from now daino149 Unicycling 6 May 13th 04 04:09 AM