Anyone here believe Basso's story ?

Old May 11th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

Default Anyone here believe Basso's story ?

It really is a stretch, especially since it appears he made payments
to Fuentes in 2005 and possibly 2004...but only planned on doping
during the 2006 TdF...
Old May 11th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
fg

Surely you jest. His story is Completely ridculous.
There is a pattern to all their(Basso,Landis, Hamilton) lies...
They admit to what can be proved and explain everything else away
as a conspiracy or more lying. Its pathetic. They can't accept, nor
want to admit, their whole career is a fraud.

Old May 11th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

fg wrote:
Surely you jest. His story is Completely ridculous.
There is a pattern to all their(Basso,Landis, Hamilton) lies...
They admit to what can be proved and explain everything else away
as a conspiracy or more lying.

If an innocent person were accused wouldn't their behavior be exactly
the same? If you know you didn't do it, what would you say? "Yep. I
guess I am a doper even though I _know_ I never took any stuff. The
tests, and the human operators, are infallible so I must be a doper."
Sound right to you?

Personally, it seems to me, that people that believe everyone else is
lying are themselves liars. It fits with their world view, so it
shouldn't be difficult for them to accept. "Everyone lies, so I must
be lying." Same sort of faux logic.*

BTW, I have little or no opinion on who did or didn't dope. I'm just
pointing out that your logic is flawed.

* Faux Logic is a great name for a band or almost any brand.
Cosmetics would be particularly apropos.

Old May 11th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RonSonic

On Fri, 11 May 2007 14:52:58 +0000, Donald Munro
wrote:

fg wrote:
Surely you jest. His story is Completely ridculous.
There is a pattern to all their(Basso,Landis, Hamilton) lies...
They admit to what can be proved and explain everything else away
as a conspiracy or more lying. Its pathetic. They can't accept, nor
want to admit, their whole career is a fraud.

Dumbass,
Rbr has a limited time offer to join our new religion at a special
discount. For a small monthly fee we will help teach you to Believe that
sports people are pure and holy and never even eat steak to enhance their
performance. You will be able to partake in the Holy Sacrament of EDDY and
his prophet LANCE during which you will receive an intravaneous infusion
of the best quality vodka* mixed with your very own super-oxygentated EPO
enriched blood**. After receiving the correct dilution of vodka you will
Believe and will no longer feel any anger towards anyone, not even Tyler
or Basso.

* Vodka purity may vary
** Guaranteed 49.9%
Terms and Conditions: You may need to comply with a few simple
commandments. Ask Pastor Bill Asher about the details.

RBR Special Promotions

You left out the HGH. Nothing, NOTHING makes one believe and lose his anger like
big happy doses of somatotropin.

Ron

Old May 11th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

trg wrote:
Why should they admit to doping? They lose their contracts, get prosecuted
for fraud, maybe get sentenced to jail, have to pay back their winnings, all
so that some folks can feel better about cycling and humanity, and meanwhile
their money and titles go to someone else who was also probably doping but
was fortunate enough not to get caught?

Dude, you are so wrong about that.

Justice would have been served in 1988 if Delgado had been given
the boot like he should have and the Yellow Jersey been given to
it's rightful owner, the pure as driven snow Steven Rooks.

Thank God the Giro had the good sense to stick it to that doper
Pantani in 1999 and allow a clean Ivan Gotti to fairly win the
race.

It is cynics like you that are the real problem here.

Bob Schwartz
Old May 11th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"trg" wrote:

"fg" a écrit dans le message de news:
Surely you jest. His story is Completely ridculous.
There is a pattern to all their(Basso,Landis, Hamilton) lies...
They admit to what can be proved and explain everything else away
as a conspiracy or more lying. Its pathetic. They can't accept, nor
want to admit, their whole career is a fraud.

Why should they admit to doping? They lose their contracts, get prosecuted
for fraud, maybe get sentenced to jail, have to pay back their winnings, all
so that some folks can feel better about cycling and humanity, and meanwhile
their money and titles go to someone else who was also probably doping but
was fortunate enough not to get caught? People should grow up and spend a
little less time watching stoopid American crime series where the villian
ends up confessing to the good guys. For whatever reason, these people chose
to dope "a l'issu de son plein gré" (i.e. fully aware of what they were
doing). Compared to that fact, admitting doping or not is a detail.

Yes. Given the punishments imposed by a sanctimonious gang of
hypocrites, might as well tell stories that will bring even more
disrepute to the sport. What can the sport do now? Throw them out
of the sport? Also it's fun to make anonymous hate-mongers froth
at the mouth.

--
Michael Press
Old May 11th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Fri, 11 May 2007 16:58:39 +0200, "trg"
wrote:

Why should they admit to doping?

They should admit to doping. They should get their friends and
colleagues to admit to doping. They should get the motor officials to
admit to doping. They should get everyones' dog to admit to doping
(data point - the Scottie with the liver problems is the only one on
more meds than me - my bag will be labeled Tina)). And then they
should take up a petition and see how many fans they can admit to
doping.

They should start a dopers television franchise that permits only
dopers to watch and line up appropriate sponsors - which would include
a lot of organinations with really positive cash flow, even if you
leave out the cigarette manufacturers. We could have all the grand
tours, most of the classics and Canadian rodeo if we can get the
steers to admit to doping.

I dope - I take three meds daily that start with C and beer with pizza
on Friday. Damn, I feel better already.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old May 11th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Curtis L. Russell

On Fri, 11 May 2007 10:37:30 -0500, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

It is cynics like you that are the real problem here.

We let some of the dopers go without much comment - it is known as the
cynic pass.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In the News: Basso's Tour de France in doubt Jason Spaceman Racing 7 April 24th 07 03:34 AM
Does Basso's sister look like Lance's mom? gwhite Racing 6 July 24th 05 08:21 PM
A Sad Story SteveA Australia 3 June 26th 05 01:36 PM
Not another M*gp*e story cfsmtb Australia 5 June 22nd 04 09:00 AM
The big fat con story Mike Kruger General 112 May 23rd 04 11:34 PM