CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

Old February 3rd 09, 05:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

Tim McNamara wrote:
I remember John Howard's first- and IIRC only- post to r.b.r. years
back, upon which scorn was heaped with fine generosity.

I don't remember that. Was I one of the scorn heapers? If it was
after the Derby Cycles decision I sure hope I was. I curse his
name every time I have to unscrew the not-so-quick release to
clear the fork tips and remove a front wheel.

I saw him at the LA Tracks Worlds. It took a lot of restraint not
to dump on him right there. Just to make him put his expert
witness fee in perspective.

Bob Schwartz
Old February 3rd 09, 06:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:
I remember John Howard's first- and IIRC only- post to r.b.r. years
back, upon which scorn was heaped with fine generosity.

I don't remember that. Was I one of the scorn heapers? If it was
after the Derby Cycles decision I sure hope I was. I curse his
name every time I have to unscrew the not-so-quick release to
clear the fork tips and remove a front wheel.[...]

That is why a grinding wheel is included with Dremel Tools.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old February 3rd 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Tim McNamara wrote:
I remember John Howard's first- and IIRC only- post to r.b.r. years
back, upon which scorn was heaped with fine generosity.

I don't remember that. Was I one of the scorn heapers? If it was
after the Derby Cycles decision I sure hope I was. I curse his
name every time I have to unscrew the not-so-quick release to
clear the fork tips and remove a front wheel.[...]

That is why a grinding wheel is included with Dremel Tools.

Well, a file also works. And it's cheaper and more controllable.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old February 3rd 09, 07:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
" wrote:

On Feb 2, 7:42*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Tim McNamara" wrote in message

Does Adam Myerson still post? *He seemed to have a thick hide and no
trouble holding his own.

I don't know. It was suggested to me that one of the particularly obnoxious
butt-heads here was Adam but to tell you the truth I exchanged emails with
Adam a number of years ago and was actually impressed by his intelligence.
There didn't appear to be any intelligence in the poster that was said to be
Adam.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...8fefe7817f43a9

Check this out:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...0e3c7b97a22636

Old February 3rd 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Feb 2, 6:20*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

*Bret wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:38*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article , *"Robert
Chung" wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
I am always sorry to see threads crossposted to the sad excuse
for a newsgroup that r.b.r. has become.

Dumbass,

Hmmm. You say you're always sorry to see threads cross-posted to
rbr, but you did it anyway? And then you complain about it?

Another charming contestant, I see. *Perhaps you didn't work out
the basics, which are that I didn't initiate the cross-posting. *I
did, out of courtesy for those r.b.r. participants who can converse
without displaying terminal brain rot, include r.b.r. in my reply.
*The result was predictable, of course, but you never know.
*Incivility took over that newsgroup years ago, it was possible
that civility had staged a comeback. *Apparently not, however.
*Intelligence appears to continue to shun r.b.r.

It's very odd that you seem to think that *your posts will come
across as either civil or interesting.

People are free, of course, to form an alternate opinion. *It seems
rather peculiar for someone to call a poster "dumbass" and then go on to
agree with him, however.

Dumbass -

Have you ever been in a locker room?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old February 3rd 09, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Chung" wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
[...]

More specifically, the locker room when you were participating in
competitive team sports with your peers.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old February 3rd 09, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
We may call each other Dumbass, but it's actually much more civil here
than it used to be.

Andrew Price wrote:
Indeed - someone, quite a while ago, seeing from my address that I was
posting from France, made a commendable attempt at a translation and came
up with "tĂȘte de con"!

Is that French for circle jerk ?

Old February 3rd 09, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Donald Munro wrote:
Dumbass,

Tim McNamara wrote:
A Zen-like pithiness! Congratulations on the best post in the thread.

Chung has prior art but ScwartzSoft open-sourced him. I doubt if
SchwartSoft products run under a Zen hypervisor though.

Old February 3rd 09, 11:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Tim McNamara wrote:
Jeez, now you guys have me wondering where I put my r.b.r. jersey.

Tom Kunich wrote:
I like to wear it when I'm riding with little old men and women.

Shirley you mean you like to wear it when you're riding gays and deviants ?

CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 134 February 11th 09 11:43 PM
How do you dismount? scoope Unicycling 21 September 13th 08 12:51 AM
Cyclists Dismount Tom Crispin UK 11 May 16th 08 06:36 PM
N36 dismount help ahollow Unicycling 7 May 22nd 07 10:51 PM