CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

Old February 4th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tim McNamara

Default CycloCross: Dismount/Run vs Jump?

In article
,
" wrote:

On Feb 2, 7:14*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:

"That 70s Show" must be de rigeur on r.b.r. these days.

Dumbass,

Hey, we resent that. Although we rbr has-beens are indeed Masters
Fatties, most of us are only in our 40s. We just look like we are in
our 70s from too many hours spent doing intervals and weighing our
oatmeal.

chuckle
Old February 4th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
"That 70s Show" must be de rigeur on r.b.r. these days.

Dumbass,

If it is, it's "de rigueur."

Pourquoi, oui, il est donc. Je n'ai pas vérifié mon orthographe de
manière adéquate. Je m'excuse, et je vous remercie beaucoup pour aider à
améliorer mon français.
Old February 4th 09, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:29:46 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

In article
,
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

Have you ever been in a locker room?

Yes.

That's the spirit.
Old February 4th 09, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:38:12 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:
I remember John Howard's first- and IIRC only- post to r.b.r. years
back, upon which scorn was heaped with fine generosity.

I don't remember that. Was I one of the scorn heapers? If it was
after the Derby Cycles decision I sure hope I was. I curse his name
every time I have to unscrew the not-so-quick release to clear the
fork tips and remove a front wheel.

I don't recall specifically about that. Maybe we can get Mr. Fogel to
flex his Google skills and track down the thread.

I saw him at the LA Tracks Worlds. It took a lot of restraint not to
dump on him right there. Just to make him put his expert witness fee
in perspective.

Restraint is a virtue.

Most of the time. ;-)

Dear Tim,

A quick look shows that John Howard posted at least four times to RBR,
but without much response:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...Vxguo1Lit8aDWg

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...aar5x5y0kptMbA

Possibly he posted under other names and accounts.

John Howard was, however, extensively condemned for his testimony
about quick releases in this RBT thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...4afabeda7d4c94

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 4th 09, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
" wrote:

IIRC, Mike Jones wound up posting to rbr to
humorously follow up some dumbass's negative
dope allegation about him, and during his brief
tour of the group, he was freakin' hilarious.

http://tinyurl.com/dx9lj6

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old February 4th 09, 07:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Tim McNamara wrote:
Thanks. Although I am afraid that I am really not much more enlightened
than I was. Is Henry Chang a famous bike racer famous or something?

He's a rapper going by the name of the notorious dumbass.
Old February 4th 09, 09:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Feb 3, 7:30*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
Dumbass -

Have you ever been in a locker room?

Dumbass -

More specifically, the locker room when you were participating in
competitive team sports with your peers.

Yes. *And then I graduated from high school.

Dumbass -

Well, some of the stuff that goes on here is like a locker room and
you don't have to be in high school to understand how male athletes
relate to one another. If you're too "mature" to relate to it, well
then too bad for you.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old February 4th 09, 10:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Chalo

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Well, some of the stuff that goes on here is like a locker room and
you don't have to be in high school to understand how male athletes
relate to one another.

Does this have anything to do with y'all palpating each other's
buttocks?

Chalo

How do you dismount? scoope Unicycling 21 September 13th 08 12:51 AM
Cyclists Dismount Tom Crispin UK 11 May 16th 08 06:36 PM
N36 dismount help ahollow Unicycling 7 May 22nd 07 10:51 PM
The Planned Dismount podzol Unicycling 4 June 27th 05 04:07 PM