Psychle Farcility of the Month

Old February 8th 09, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

Default Psychle Farcility of the Month

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:57:06 +0000, Paul Luton
wrote:

terryj wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

Why should cyclists not be told to dismount if they are entering an
area where cycling is not permitted?

Old February 8th 09, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

wrote:
terryj wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

Why should cyclists not be told to dismount if they are entering an
area where cycling is not permitted?

Because they are cyclists.

Francis

Old February 9th 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

wrote:

terryj wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

Why should cyclists not be told to dismount if they are entering an
area where cycling is not permitted?

Wrong question.

Wrong answer - it was quite a simple question - any chance of
answering?

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

Old February 9th 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:57:06 +0000, Paul Luton
said in
:

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

I finally worked out what those pointless white bike on a blue
background signs mean, on the way home the other day.

They mean: this pace is lethally slippery, if you try to ride along
here your bike will end up lying flat on the ground covered in ice
and snow.

And as for the numpties who use slippery red paint for the bus links
in Reading instead of red asphalt...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old February 9th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_3_]

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 19:52:05 +0000, terryj
wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

If I hadn't seen similar "facilities" I would think these were faked!

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Old February 9th 09, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Newman

wrote:

terryj wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

Why should cyclists not be told to dismount if they are entering an
area where cycling is not permitted?

Wrong question.

Wrong answer - it was quite a simple question - any chance of
answering?

I assumed your question was rhetorical. If it was a genuine question,
the answer is 'No reason'

But ir's still the wrong question.
Old February 9th 09, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:30:36 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 21:57:06 +0000, Paul Luton
said in
:

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists Dismount"
... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the biscuit.

I finally worked out what those pointless white bike on a blue
background signs mean, on the way home the other day.

They mean: this pace is lethally slippery, if you try to ride along
here your bike will end up lying flat on the ground covered in ice
and snow.

And as for the numpties who use slippery red paint for the bus links
in Reading instead of red asphalt...

Guy

Hello Guy

Have you found that historical web-site of cyclehelmet.org yet?

You know the one where it said:

"Message: Helmets are not beneficial to cyclists (unless the evidence
forces us to a dramatically different conclusion.)"

judith

Old February 9th 09, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Luton[_2_]

wrote:

terryj wrote:

Actually I was a bit disappointed that a fake was used. They must,
surely, be sent plenty of good, real ones.

TerryJ

in fact in just an hour last year I took these:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z...Cycle%20Paths/

Enough to make you weep isn't it. The sheer mindless "Cyclists
Dismount" ... lie down and wait to die ? signs probably take the
biscuit.

Why should cyclists not be told to dismount if they are entering an
area where cycling is not permitted?

I see no signs saying "pedestrian area". The problem is that many
"planners" feel the need automatically to put the CD signs at the end of
marked routes even when most cyclist will simply rejoin the carriageway.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames
Old February 22nd 09, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On Feb 9, 11:30*am, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
And as for the numpties who use slippery red paint for the bus links
in Reading instead of red asphalt...

Yet I'm sure you prefer slippery red paint to getting rid of the bus
lanes altogether (many of the bus lanes in Reading are unnecessary,
and the rest of them certainly don't need to be 24/7). Yet another
example of how your hatred of motorists is more important to you than
cyclists' safety.

farcility of the month wafflycat UK 9 March 4th 08 09:46 PM
farcility of the month. wafflycat UK 26 January 27th 08 07:32 PM
Daily Wail article on psychle farcility wafflycat UK 3 December 15th 06 01:06 PM
Psychle Farcility of the month wafflycat UK 8 September 4th 06 05:33 PM
Farcility of the Month Peter Owens UK 58 January 5th 06 07:52 PM