Tory MP in 4x4 fined for 'momentary lapse of concentration'

Old February 9th 09, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

Default Tory MP in 4x4 fined for 'momentary lapse of concentration'

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:10:47 +0000 someone who may be "Just zis Guy,
you know?" wrote this:-

You may also wish to consider whether, even had it changed as judith
claims, it would have been something justifying a months-long
campaign of trolling and vitriolic personal attacks.

I treat such campaigns as an honour. It is generally those who can't
win the argument who resort to such tactics. While one shouldn't
mock the afflicted I do smile a little when I think of people being
so twisted as to mount such a campaign.

I am reminded of what Tony Benn said a few years ago. He had got a
death threat and was very pleased. He said he hadn't had one for
years.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old February 9th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

you know?" wrote this:-

You may also wish to consider whether, even had it changed as judith
claims, it would have been something justifying a months-long
campaign of trolling and vitriolic personal attacks.

I treat such campaigns as an honour. It is generally those who can't
win the argument who resort to such tactics. While one shouldn't
mock the afflicted I do smile a little when I think of people being
so twisted as to mount such a campaign.

I am reminded of what Tony Benn said a few years ago. He had got a
death threat and was very pleased. He said he hadn't had one for
years.

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

No, I agree, judith, nuxxy, troll b and the others are fantastic,
their untrammelled lunacy and obsessive mental illness does more to
undermine the pro-speeding contingent than I could ever achieve.
Old February 9th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 18:10:47 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 09:39:33 -0800 (PST), SW
said in
:

Was that statement removed from the page ?

No statement was removed from the page.

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/The_page_that_never_changed

You may also wish to consider whether, even had it changed as judith
claims, it would have been something justifying a months-long
campaign of trolling and vitriolic personal attacks.

Guy

Two simple questions for Chapman.

If you looked at that single web page on 12 August and then you looked
at it again on 14 Augusts would the pages be identical or had you
added a comment to the page to say it was out of date and only kept
for historical reasons?

Did you make that change as a direct result to my pointing out that
you were lying or was it just coincidence?

You really are despicable.

A number of months ago - I pointed out to you that a decent person
would have said - oh you are right - I did in fact at one time
encourage my children to wear helmets - I had forgotten about that and
also that it still said that on the web page. Apologies.

But no - you had to continue to lie and dig the hole deeper and
deeper.

You really are despicable.

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

Old February 9th 09, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
AndyC

wrote in message

Did you make that change as a direct result to my pointing out that
you were lying or was it just coincidence?

You really are despicable.

A number of months ago - I pointed out to you that a decent person
would have said - oh you are right - I did in fact at one time
encourage my children to wear helmets - I had forgotten about that and
also that it still said that on the web page. Apologies.

But no - you had to continue to lie and dig the hole deeper and
deeper.

You really are despicable.

Why oh why are you bothered? You seem to be besotted by this Chapman bloke
:-)

Old February 9th 09, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:57:57 -0000, "AndyC"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Did you make that change as a direct result to my pointing out that
you were lying or was it just coincidence?

You really are despicable.

A number of months ago - I pointed out to you that a decent person
would have said - oh you are right - I did in fact at one time
encourage my children to wear helmets - I had forgotten about that and
also that it still said that on the web page. Apologies.

But no - you had to continue to lie and dig the hole deeper and
deeper.

You really are despicable.

Why oh why are you bothered? You seem to be besotted by this Chapman bloke
:-)

besotted? - not really - however I do declare an "interest".

You may have realised that as far as I am (and some others are)
concerned he really is an objectionable person.

You can see from my explanation of his changing of web pages he will
lie until the cows come home. He is so full of his own importance. He
will never admit to being wrong when it is proven that he is.

He made the mistake of accusing me of saying things - doing things -
which were totally untrue.

As long as he posts here, I will continuing reminding him, and
others, as to just how objectionable he is. (He could of course
retract the lies he made about me and apologise - but that is just
not in his character)

He is truly a nasty piece of work.

Old February 9th 09, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:40:35 -0000
"A.Dazzle" wrote:

**** me! That's nice!
Thanks for that, Guy. I really ****ing appreciate it.
Just put my ****ing un-munged email address out there....
For every spam-bot and scammer to get.
Just put my ****ing RL name out there...

Wow, talk about a hysterical over-reaction. I've been using my real
name and email address on Usenet for 10 years and nothing bad has
happened.

Old February 9th 09, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:00:52 +0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:40:35 -0000
"A.Dazzle" wrote:

**** me! That's nice!
Thanks for that, Guy. I really ****ing appreciate it.
Just put my ****ing un-munged email address out there....
For every spam-bot and scammer to get.
Just put my ****ing RL name out there...

Wow, talk about a hysterical over-reaction. I've been using my real
name and email address on Usenet for 10 years and nothing bad has
happened.

Not at all.

You may have chosen to - but in which case why do you use
rather than or whatever?

A Dazzle did not chose to.

Chapman is a ****wit with no consideration for other people.

Did you notice - he has not even apologised.

He is an arsehole.

Old February 9th 09, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW

On 9 Feb, 22:59, judith wrote:

I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy
Chapman)
I would challenge judith to find the place where I said I encourage
my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I pointed out the web page
He then quickly changed the web page - but "forgot" to change the date
of last amendment so it looked like the change had been there for
years.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

You seem to be implying that when he changed the page he removed the
bit about encouraging his children to wear helmets and yet it is still
there in the current version. Is that correct?