Motorbike Filtering

Old February 11th 09, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Motorbike Filtering

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:44:53 -0000, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

In ,
fred2 tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

You might also have a look for a definition he
http://www.motorcycle-training.f2s.com/filtering.html

Yebbut that's not "official" and therefore, at least on judithworld, doesn't
count.

Correct - that definition would have no official standing in a court
of law.

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

Old February 11th 09, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
fred2

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
In ,
fred2 tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

You might also have a look for a definition he
http://www.motorcycle-training.f2s.com/filtering.html

Yebbut that's not "official" and therefore, at least on judithworld,
doesn't count.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
Maffeo Barberini (1568-1644) was made entirely of salmon.

Not even as "Expert witness" ?

Fred

Old February 11th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Graz

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:08:45 +0000, Phil W Lee
phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote:

(Graz) considered Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:30:41 GMT the
perfect time to write:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:39:31 +0000, Phil W Lee
phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote:

(Graz) considered Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:39:22 GMT the
perfect time to write:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:38:36 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

"Derek Geldard" wrote in message
om...
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:18:58 -0000, "OG"
wrote:

By pulling over to the left he creates more room for traffic
overtaking properly on his right.

Derek

I've already reminded him/them of that.

So you propose obstructing a cyclist to make it easier for another
hypothetical driver to perform a dangerous overtaking manoeuvre.

Waiting at traffic lights in my lane is part of my manouver to make a
permitted left turn, and the correct place for overtaking traffic is
the lane to my right which might well be empty.

However, the rule of the road is keep to the left, so any cyclist
trying to sneak through between me and the kurb can shove his bobble
hat where the sun don't shine AFAIAC.

Clearly you just don't like cyclists.
It's not a good attitude

Nobody likes cyclists. It's an excellent attitude.

One day, we'll have to organise a "no cycling" day, when we'll all use
our cars instead.
Any guesses what that's gonna do to average traffic speeds?

You can't afford cars. That's why you have to cycle,

Wrong.

A large proportion of cyclists also drive, but prefer to keep the
chaos on the roads to a minimun (sic) and enjoy some exercise by using
cycles when the journey is appropriate.

Prefer??? Are you retarded or something?

Old February 11th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Graz

wrote:

[...]

What complete and utter ********.

Why else would anyone cycle, unless they suffered from a sexual
disorientation?

Old February 11th 09, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Frood

Graz wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:32:21 +0000, Frood wrote:

Peter Grange wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:30:41 GMT, (Graz) wrote:
You can't afford cars. That's why you have to cycle,
What complete and utter ********.

Indeed, and it shows the limited thinking power of those who seriously
hold that view. I cycle to work as it is only twelve miles so hardly
worth getting the car out. The smallest car I own is a fairly new Jaguar
XJ V8 which cost four times as much as an "average" small family car. I
pay more road tax than almost anything else on the road - yet I rarely
use the car except when I need to for business.

My commuting bike is probably worth more than the majority of cars I
overtake when riding to work. A "bargain" Toys-R-Us or Halfords £99
mountain bike is not a bike that regular cyclists use.

Affluence cannot be inferred by the choice of whether or not to sit
inside a mobile metal box.

Ah, you must suffer from a sexual disorientation, then.

Gosh, what a witty and intellectual person you are. That's put me in my
place, hasn't it? I hope that as I age I don't become as feeble in mind
and body as you, needing motorised assistance to move around the country
and unable to enjoy the great outdoors.
Old February 11th 09, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
AndyC

"Graz" wrote in message

A large proportion of cyclists also drive, but prefer to keep the
chaos on the roads to a minimun (sic) and enjoy some exercise by using
cycles when the journey is appropriate.

Prefer??? Are you retarded or something?

Exercise, sport, fresh air, recreation. Yep I *prefer* to cycle given the
choice between bicycle, motorbike and car. For logistical and practical
reasons the car (or motorbike) has to be used, but I will take out the
bicycle just to ride, the others I need a purpose to use. Does that make me
retarded?

Old February 11th 09, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jolly Polly

judith wrote:

... filtering - they do not even use
the term.

The Highway *does* use the term filtering;

Rule 160
Once moving you should...
....be aware of other road users, especially cycles and motorcycles who
may be filtering through the traffic.

Perhaps you could actually define what you think "filtering" (for
cyclists actually means) and why you think those paragraphs endorse
it.

if you read this it may help you gain an understanding the term filtering
http://www.mcnninjas.co.uk/docs/Filtering

Seeing as it is perfectly legal in the UK it is difficult to show in
law, as laws tend (not always) to tell what is illegal. For further
reading on the term filtering may I suggest a venture into German (West)
law as it is against the law there, at least for motorcycles. Hopefully
this will satisfy your quest.

Disgusting. Motorbike pretender. tobbogonist Unicycling 14 November 17th 07 11:52 AM
Motorbike abuse CoyoteBoy UK 26 April 30th 07 12:43 PM
Motorbike petition of interest. Martin Dann UK 5 December 28th 06 05:09 PM
Lance's motorbike .. elyob UK 3 July 19th 05 03:48 PM
Motorbike (etc.) morons on bridleways Chris Bardell UK 30 August 24th 04 07:55 AM