The good doctor

Old December 7th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jeff Jones

Default The good doctor

Dr Fuentes takes his Hippocratic Oath seriously:

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2561

Lucky that the Guardia Civil didn't think to search his Canary Islands
residence.

Jeff

Old December 7th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

Jeff Jones wrote:
Dr Fuentes takes his Hippocratic Oath seriously:

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2561

Lucky that the Guardia Civil didn't think to search his Canary Islands
residence.

and at last Real Madrid & Barca soccer players are being mentioned
http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...?xtor=RSS-3242
(In French naturellement)
Old December 8th 06, 09:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

On 7 Dec 2006 10:06:53 -0800, Jeff Jones wrote:
http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2561

"It's as safe as orange juice."

--
E. Dronkert
Old December 8th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

"Dan Gregory" a écrit dans le
message de news: ...
| Jeff Jones wrote:
| Dr Fuentes takes his Hippocratic Oath seriously:

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=2561

| Lucky that the Guardia Civil didn't think to search his Canary Islands
| residence.
| and at last Real Madrid & Barca soccer players are being mentioned

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...?xtor=RSS-3242
| (In French naturellement)

I believe you're mistaken. The article does not name any football players
known to be involved. In fact it states the opposite- "Le Monde a eu accès à
une série de documents confidentiels, qui ne sont pas nominatifs"

Old December 8th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

trg wrote:

I believe you're mistaken. The article does not name any football players
known to be involved. In fact it states the opposite- "Le Monde a eu accès à
une série de documents confidentiels, qui ne sont pas nominatifs"

Doesn't this mean "nobody named"? It goes on to say . "Ces inscriptions
codées sont les mêmes que celles répertoriées sur les plans de
préparation établis par le docteur Fuentes pour les coureurs de l'équipe
cycliste Liberty Seguros, que la police espagnole, la Guardia Civil, a
saisi en mai dans le cadre de"l'opération Puerto"."
"These coded notes are the same as those used by Dr Fuentes for the
Liberty Seguros Cycling Team....."
Old December 10th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
trg

Real and Barca are named, but not the names of actual players for those
teams. I also think that if someone like Zizou, Ronaldihno, Ronaldo, Deco,
or Becks were mentioned by name anywhere, that information would have gotten
out. L'Equipe has seen how doping scandals in a sport as secondary as
cycling (even the tour) can sell papers. Imagine what a doping scandal at
the top of football would do for circulation. They and all other papers, not
just sports rags, would kill to be able to print the headline "Zidane
implicated in Puerto".

message de news: ...

Old December 10th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Gregory

trg wrote:
Real and Barca are named, but not the names of actual players for those
teams. I also think that if someone like Zizou, Ronaldihno, Ronaldo, Deco,
or Becks were mentioned by name anywhere, that information would have gotten
out. L'Equipe has seen how doping scandals in a sport as secondary as
cycling (even the tour) can sell papers. Imagine what a doping scandal at
the top of football would do for circulation. They and all other papers, not
just sports rags, would kill to be able to print the headline "Zidane
implicated in Puerto".

I remember last year on the BBC Football programme. They were talking
about the situation in Italy & the UK with bungs, and match fixing
(maybe somebody else will remember who the French ex Arsenal player was)
but when he began to mention drugs as well they immediately shut him
up... Why?
Also rumours abounded last summer of one of the photos at Fuentes place
having been Zizou.
Teams like Man U, Chelsea, Juve, Real, Barca etc are rich enough to make
any newspaper think twice before risking their future. Even Armstrong
whose wealth is puny compared to these teams managed to take on the Times...
I don't know the answers, but I do trust the word on the street a little
more than the Teams' PR...
Old December 10th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Krusty

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 10:58:44 +0000, Dan Gregory
wrote:

trg wrote:
[...]

I'm admittedly just a casual fan of Euro sports...but much of the
spin/conspiracy theories that I've read here in the States on the
topic of soccer (you know...football) and doping, is that *they*
(being the media, UEFA, FIFA, etc.) saw the crisis with Major League
Baseball and decided that it was a can of worms that they didn't want
to be opened.
Old December 10th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
"trg" wrote:

Real and Barca are named, but not the names of actual players for those
teams. I also think that if someone like Zizou, Ronaldihno, Ronaldo, Deco,
or Becks were mentioned by name anywhere, that information would have gotten
out. L'Equipe has seen how doping scandals in a sport as secondary as
cycling (even the tour) can sell papers. Imagine what a doping scandal at
the top of football would do for circulation. They and all other papers, not
just sports rags, would kill to be able to print the headline "Zidane
implicated in Puerto".

Cycling has a `kick me' sign taped to there back. Futbol has a pair.

--
Michael Press

Unicycling Doctor innes Unicycling 15 December 5th 05 09:45 AM
I found a good sports medicine doctor in NJ - near New York City area. eastcoastguyz Racing 0 September 11th 05 04:48 AM
Is there a doctor in the house? Just zis Guy, you know? UK 5 June 24th 05 10:01 PM
RR: The Doctor is IN MattB Mountain Biking 5 June 17th 05 05:01 PM
Cycling related injury. Does anyone know a good doctor. bfra1 Australia 14 February 3rd 04 10:35 PM