Cyclists, why are we paying for your bikes?

Old August 1st 13, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Cyclists, why are we paying for your bikes?

"Apparently the government will let you pay for a bike tax and NI free, and
in instalments. Did you know that? Why am I paying for my friend to have a
new bike through my taxes? Why am I subsidising the process whereby a
perfectly decent human being is transformed into an arrogant,
self-righteous, lycra-clad sociopath with homicidal intent towards people
like me, ie pedestrians? "

great comments too:
There is something truly sexually sinister about Lycra-sheathed, thuggish
cyclists, priapic and aggressive beneath the glans of their weird helmets.

Though they may not all be enjoying the distracting, recondite pleasures of
perineal pain, they should nevertheless be actively discouraged, not
celebrated as eco-warriors.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-lid...or-your-bikes/

Old August 3rd 13, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian Robertson[_10_]

On 01/08/2013 00:26, Mrcheerful wrote:
"Apparently the government will let you pay for a bike tax and NI free, and
in instalments. Did you know that? Why am I paying for my friend to have a
new bike through my taxes? Why am I subsidising the process whereby a
perfectly decent human being is transformed into an arrogant,
self-righteous, lycra-clad sociopath with homicidal intent towards people
like me, ie pedestrians? "

great comments too:
There is something truly sexually sinister about Lycra-sheathed, thuggish
cyclists, priapic and aggressive beneath the glans of their weird helmets.

Though they may not all be enjoying the distracting, recondite pleasures of
perineal pain, they should nevertheless be actively discouraged, not
celebrated as eco-warriors.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/rod-lid...or-your-bikes/

Yes, it's a great scheme isn't it? Basically it allowed me to buy a £700
bike and equipment for around £7 a week and eventually pay around a half
of the cost. Well, of course the whole cost was paid, but it was paid by
YOU, ashole! lol

So now you know. We are not only slowing you up, flouting the law,
laughing at you while you get done for speeding and parking, but we are
also dipping our hands in your pockets.

:-)
Old August 4th 13, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Brian Robertson wrote:
[...]

Which is yet another reason to dislike cyclists, spongers to a man/whatever.

Old August 4th 13, 01:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Newman

On 01/08/2013 00:26, Mrcheerful wrote:
There is something truly sexually sinister about Lycra-sheathed, thuggish
cyclists, priapic and aggressive beneath the glans of their weird helmets.

You seem to think so.

Old August 8th 13, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Biggles[_3_]

On 04/08/2013 00:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
Brian Robertson wrote:
[...]

And smug, oh so smug.

3 bikes on cycle scheme.

Smug, smug, smug

Biggles

Old August 8th 13, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Thursday, 1 August 2013 00:26:46 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"Apparently the government will let you pay for a bike tax and NI free, and

in instalments. Did you know that? Why am I paying for my friend to have a

new bike through my taxes? Why am I subsidising the process whereby a

perfectly decent human being is transformed into an arrogant,

self-righteous, lycra-clad sociopath with homicidal intent towards people

like me, ie pedestrians? "

great comments too:

There is something truly sexually sinister about Lycra-sheathed, thuggish

cyclists, priapic and aggressive beneath the glans of their weird helmets.

Oh dear, just pop a pill and have a lie down.