OT - Mini advertisement but it could have been a cyclist

Old January 20th 04, 02:46 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default OT - Mini advertisement but it could have been a cyclist

"Nick Kew" wrote in message
In article ,

I might be over reacting here but for what it is worth I shall be

contacting
Ofcom to give them my tuppence on the matter.

Wouldn't that be the ASA?

ASA is print ads, Ofcom is broadcast.

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Old January 20th 04, 04:00 PM
Mark Thompson

Not amusing when you happen to know someone who was permanently
invalided in his thirties when thwapped on the head (by a wing mirror)
from a moving vehicle - while walking on the pavement.

How short is that guy?

Old January 20th 04, 06:18 PM
Nick Kew

In article ,
"Mark Thompson" (change warm for hot) writes:
Not amusing when you happen to know someone who was permanently
invalided in his thirties when thwapped on the head (by a wing mirror)
from a moving vehicle - while walking on the pavement.

How short is that guy?

It was a lorry that thwapped him. Next question?

--
Nick Kew
Old January 20th 04, 09:29 PM
Patrick Herring

hot) wrote:

| Not amusing when you happen to know someone who was permanently
| invalided in his thirties when thwapped on the head (by a wing mirror)
| from a moving vehicle - while walking on the pavement.
|
| How short is that guy?

Bus or coach?

This is one situation where I've been tempted to get a h*lm*t - a
"minor" incident that would easily lead to severe deadness.

--
Patrick Herring, Sheffield, UK
http://www.anweald.co.uk

Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended.
Old January 25th 04, 07:13 PM
Ian Smith

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:29:19 -0000,
David K wrote:

I might be over reacting here but for what it is worth I shall be
contacting Ofcom to give them my tuppence on the matter.

I've been out of action for a bit (small hospitalisation incident,
nothing to do with cycling), but I've just emailed BMW about this.
Anyone who feels like doing so may like to browse www.bmwgroup.com for
such quotes as:

"We assume responsibility." This is the philosophy behind the BMW
Group's involvement in society and social programmes, which have such
goals as:
- Increased road safety,
- promoting understanding among peoples and opposing violence,

Racism and violence are problems which endanger social peace in almost
all societies. As a company with significant international presence,
the BMW Group regards itself as a global citizen whose task is
countering this threat

As an international company, we here at the BMW Group feel socially,
politically and ecologically responsible for everything we do,
everywhere in the world.

I asked them if any of this was true, or whether they really are a
complete bunch of lying hypocrites. OK, I was very slightly more
polite than that, but the words lies and hypocrites did feature.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Cyclist scraps around the world plans Mike Kruger General 5 June 21st 04 09:23 PM
not a cyclist loki General 38 May 22nd 04 02:06 PM
Cyclist Jailed For Tire Slashings B. Lafferty Racing 8 April 19th 04 01:14 PM
What Makes You A Cyclist? TheCyclist2002 General 87 March 21st 04 05:42 AM
Cyclist killed in King's Lynn - hit & run dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 20 December 17th 03 04:36 PM