another danger of cycling

Old April 13th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default another danger of cycling

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-co...ars-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old April 13th 17, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 9:53:31 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-co...ars-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

"Bought off witnesses and at least one jury member". Sure have a great moral majority there.
Old April 13th 17, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 4/13/2017 12:53 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-co...ars-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his wife Amelia
at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were in the middle of a
40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

Seems odd that they caught them in the middle of a bike ride. I'm kind
of curious how the cops knew exactly where they were at the time.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old April 13th 17, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 1:00:45 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/13/2017 12:53 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-co...ars-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his wife Amelia
at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were in the middle of a
40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

Seems odd that they caught them in the middle of a bike ride. I'm kind
of curious how the cops knew exactly where they were at the time.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Probably this thing call "entry form". After 26 years you don't think that they would believe anyone was looking for them?
Old April 14th 17, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:53:24 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

http://nypost.com/2017/04/13/last-co...ars-in-hiding/

"Deputy marshals nabbed Gustavo “Taby” Falcon, 55, and his
wife Amelia at an intersection in Kissimmee as the two were
in the middle of a 40-mile bike ride on Wednesday."

Get used to it. About 1/4th to 1/3rd of the US population have
criminal records and convictions.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/lawyer-68-million-americans-have-criminal-records-more-population-france
During your next ride, look to your left, right, and ahead of you. One
of those riders has a criminal record.

Then, there are the numerous outstanding arrest warrants.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125876
The FBI mentions that they know about 789,000 outstanding arrest
warrants, but that the real number is much higher (possibly because
their computer system is still screwed up). The adult population of
the US is about 240 million making 0.3% (1 person in ever 333) of the
adult population wanted criminals. Next time you attend a large
event, a fair number might be wanted criminals.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old April 14th 17, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 9:16:05 AM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[...]

My "criminal" record consists of not showing up for a traffic ticket while under the influence of my concussion. So saying 33% have criminal records is highly misleading. It is also criminal to not show up for jury duty.

I got a jury notice two days before I was leaving on my cruise and calling the courthouse had it too late on the day that I received the notice and only the weekend when I left. So am I a felon on the run?
Old April 17th 17, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

My "criminal" record consists of not showing up for a traffic ticket while under the influence of my concussion. So saying 33% have criminal records is highly misleading. It is also criminal to not show up for jury duty.

I got a jury notice two days before I was leaving on my cruise and calling the courthouse had it too late on the day that I received the notice and only the weekend when I left. So am I a felon on the run?

If you're posting here, probably not. Have you even left town yet?
Old April 19th 17, 05:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 12:45:40 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
My "criminal" record consists of not showing up for a traffic ticket while under the influence of my concussion. So saying 33% have criminal records is highly misleading. It is also criminal to not show up for jury duty.

I got a jury notice two days before I was leaving on my cruise and calling the courthouse had it too late on the day that I received the notice and only the weekend when I left. So am I a felon on the run?

If you're posting here, probably not. Have you even left town yet?

Well, I did leave town. And I couldn't call from the ship on my calling plan.