Cycle to work, on a bouncy castle.

Old December 20th 14, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Cycle to work, on a bouncy castle.

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 2:24:24 PM UTC, Tarcap wrote:

Why would you worry about damaging the gaskets?

I was 16 and didn't have much money.
The gaskets were aluminium and could be reused with care.
Decoking the engine made it go faster.

Any engineer

Many knowlessmen think anyone who works in any technical field is an engineer.

worth his salt

Do some research and see where this expression comes from.
"Any day you learn something is not wasted", Belgarath the sorcerer.

What you're describing is the work of a bodger.

I've never seen a wooden internal combustion engine.

Old December 20th 14, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:26:02 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

snip

What you're describing is the work of a bodger.

I've never seen a wooden internal combustion engine.

OED:
bodge, v.
1. trans. To patch or mend clumsily.
Old December 20th 14, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:31:31 PM UTC, Judith wrote:

OED:
bodge, v.
1. trans. To patch or mend clumsily.

As I said
Do your research.

Old December 21st 14, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 20/12/2014 21:30, Judith wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:26:02 -0800 (PST), Simon Jester
wrote:

snip

What you're describing is the work of a bodger.

I've never seen a wooden internal combustion engine.

OED:
bodge, v.
1. trans. To patch or mend clumsily.

'Bodger' has changed its useage, I know it as someone that worked in the
woods with basic tools to make simple furniture and things such as fence
panels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodging

nowadays it seems to have been confused with the similar sounding 'botcher'
Old December 21st 14, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Simon Jester" wrote in message

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 2:24:24 PM UTC, Tarcap wrote:

Why would you worry about damaging the gaskets?

I was 16 and didn't have much money.
The gaskets were aluminium and could be reused with care.
Decoking the engine made it go faster.

Any engineer

Many knowlessmen think anyone who works in any technical field is an
engineer.

worth his salt

Do some research and see where this expression comes from.
"Any day you learn something is not wasted", Belgarath the sorcerer.

What you're describing is the work of a bodger.

I've never seen a wooden internal combustion engine.
#

And now you're trying to justify sub standard work.
As can be expected.

Old December 21st 14, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Simon Jester" wrote in message

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:31:31 PM UTC, Judith wrote:

OED:
bodge, v.
1. trans. To patch or mend clumsily.

As I said
Do your research.

The first refuge of a psycholist when caught out telling porkies.
Another version of "google is your friend".

Old December 22nd 14, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:43:56 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

****wit

Why do people insult others?

Negative people judge and verbally attack others due to what is missing
in their own lives and heart. It’s just an attempt to make them feel
superior; lame isn’t it?

Old December 22nd 14, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Can we take it that as you constantly change the name psycholist to ****wit,
you believe that all psycholists are ****wits?

Old December 23rd 14, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:32:40 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:43:56 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

****wit

Why do people insult others?

Negative people judge and verbally attack others due to what is missing
in their own lives and heart. It’s just an attempt to make them feel
superior; lame isn’t it?

Can we take it that as you constantly change the name psycholist to
****wit,
you believe that all psycholists are ****wits?

Ask Judith.
She is our resident expert lexicographer.
Old December 23rd 14, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:32:40 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:43:56 +0000, Tarcap wrote:

****wit

Why do people insult others?

Negative people judge and verbally attack others due to what is missing
in their own lives and heart. It’s just an attempt to make them feel
superior; lame isn’t it?

Can we take it that as you constantly change the name psycholist to
****wit,
you believe that all psycholists are ****wits?

It is a hell of a great honour to be labelled a ****wit by the likes of
you.

Cycle while you work Simon Mason[_4_] UK 0 October 21st 11 04:47 PM
Cycle 2 Work Scheme Andy2166 UK 6 June 28th 10 02:42 PM
Bouncy Bounce [email protected] General 0 February 22nd 06 05:05 PM
Bush go bouncy-bouncy, again. Richard Adams Racing 4 July 14th 05 04:31 AM
I *was* going to cycle to work... Andy UK 15 October 3rd 04 04:02 PM