Continental headwind

Old April 25th 05, 08:36 AM
wafflycat

Default Continental headwind

Article in today's Guardian

See

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...469393,00.html

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C5E2214FA

Australia has a nasty headwind ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 25th 05, 09:51 AM
Mike K Smith

wafflycat wrote:
Article in today's Guardian

See

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...469393,00.html

The article says "Mr White hopes he has won a place in the Guinness
book of records for completing the 18,000-mile ride in the shortest
time."

He can hope, but I remember reading about Nick Sanders cycling round the
world in 80 ndays some years ago.

In fact Nick has a homepage which mentions two round the world trips, he
took 138 days in 1981, and 79 days in 1985.

http://www.nicksanders.com/about.htm
Old April 25th 05, 10:17 AM
John Hearns

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:36:04 +0100, wafflycat wrote:

Article in today's Guardian

See

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...469393,00.html

I saw the item on the TV.
I thought why didn't he just do it round the other way....
Old April 25th 05, 12:23 PM
Colin Blackburn

wafflycat wrote:
Article in today's Guardian

See

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...469393,00.html

The BBC also covers this, at:

wherein Cliff Richard is quoted as saying:

"I think it's fantastic that a young person has given up that much of
their life, 10 months, to cycle around the planet."

Why does he see this part of his life as some how having been given up
(other than that it is now the past.)

Colin