Yuck

Old November 29th 03, 02:28 PM
David Nutter

Default Yuck

A lovely gusty crosswind/headwind from the SW coupled with driving rain.
Just what I need when going shopping.

Oh yes, *thankyou* to the SUV driver who overtook me while I was riding
through a big puddle. Still, at least my trousers are mostly dry now.

Regards,

-david, not looking forward to the return trip when laden
Old November 29th 03, 06:56 PM
Zog The Undeniable

David Nutter wrote:

A lovely gusty crosswind/headwind from the SW coupled with driving rain.
Just what I need when going shopping.

Oh yes, *thankyou* to the SUV driver who overtook me while I was riding
through a big puddle. Still, at least my trousers are mostly dry now.

We used to play a game on mountain bikes called "puddle jumping". The
object is to pretend to ride round a puddle but then do a sideways hop
into it, soaking your riding partner (it also soaks the perpetrator, but
that's life). Obviously you don't do every puddle to maintain the
element of surprise :-)

Old November 30th 03, 06:45 PM
Sue

In message , Zog The Undeniable
writes

We used to play a game on mountain bikes called "puddle jumping". The
object is to pretend to ride round a puddle but then do a sideways hop
into it, soaking your riding partner (it also soaks the perpetrator,
but that's life). Obviously you don't do every puddle to maintain the
element of surprise :-)

Was that a crude sideways jump with the bike held on by clipless pedals,
or the proper BMX article that works on flats? I can't do those.
Landing arse-oveer-tip in the puddle would create a bigger splash, of
course.
--
Sue ];(
Old December 1st 03, 09:35 AM
Simon Brooke

Sue writes:

In message , Zog The Undeniable
writes

We used to play a game on mountain bikes called "puddle jumping".
The object is to pretend to ride round a puddle but then do a
sideways hop into it, soaking your riding partner (it also soaks the
perpetrator, but that's life). Obviously you don't do every puddle
to maintain the element of surprise :-)

Was that a crude sideways jump with the bike held on by clipless
pedals, or the proper BMX article that works on flats? I can't do
those.

I can't do either kind very convincingly and somewhat in awe of those
who can - but I can't think of any excuse for riding on flats. That's
for sissies who are scared they're going to fall off ;-}

The trouble with Simon is that he only opens his mouth to change feet.
;; of me, by a 'friend'
Old December 1st 03, 08:04 PM
Sue

In message , Simon
Brooke writes

The object is to pretend to ride round a puddle but then do a
sideways hop into it, soaking your riding partner (it also soaks the
perpetrator, but that's life). Obviously you don't do every puddle
to maintain the element of surprise :-)

Was that a crude sideways jump with the bike held on by clipless
pedals, or the proper BMX article that works on flats? I can't do
those.

I can't do either kind very convincingly and somewhat in awe of those
who can - but I can't think of any excuse for riding on flats. That's
for sissies who are scared they're going to fall off ;-}

I thought it was for masochists who like their legs shredded when they
fall off. Especially as they use those flats with grubscrews all round
for a better grip on flesh.
--
Sue ];(
Old December 3rd 03, 05:02 PM
David Nutter

Sue said:

I thought it was for masochists who like their legs shredded when they
fall off. Especially as they use those flats with grubscrews all round
for a better grip on flesh.

Perhaps they also think that scars look kewl?

Regards,

-david