Today's Ride

Old December 2nd 03, 01:22 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default Today's Ride

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.

And it was on topic! It was about cycling - with a cat as a passenger. Entirely
on topic in this newsgroup.

Cheers, helen s
(who has decals of a one-eyed black cat on her bikes)

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old December 2nd 03, 01:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Now if I said the only point in having a woman about the house is to clean,
cook and do the dishes I would be rightly criticised for being sexist.

Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? If I recall
correctly, there is often much mirth & merriment on this NG about various sexes
- I recall Guy's encounter with a young lady of foreign origin fairly recently
;-)

Besides

Old December 2nd 03, 02:25 PM
Carol Hague

Now if I said the only point in having a woman about the house is to clean,
cook and do the dishes I would be rightly criticised for being sexist.

Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? If I recall
correctly, there is often much mirth & merriment on this NG about various
sexes - I recall Guy's encounter with a young lady of foreign origin
fairly recently

I think everybody's taken too many Grumpy Pills this week.

Possibly including me, as I've been a little sharper than usual in some
of my replies.

Never mind, I shall take my trike out again tomorrow and bore you all
rigid with my opinion of the new "ergonomic" seat it's just been fitted
with. So there.

--
Carol Hague
"Oddly enough, I did once see a meteor explode. 1970s over Waterloo.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:29 PM
Carol Hague

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.

And it was on topic! It was about cycling - with a cat as a passenger.
Entirely on topic in this newsgroup.

Thanks Helen. Can't please everyone, I guess...

Cheers, helen s
(who has decals of a one-eyed black cat on her bikes)

And that Ian's always waffling on about his Cat-trike :-)
--
Carol Hague
"Regulation of acupuncture is a thorny issue." - Adrian White on Radio 4
Old December 2nd 03, 02:37 PM
Arthur Clune

Carol Hague wrote:

: On one of our house moves, the two places were less than a mile apart so
: we moved a lot of stuff by bike, including the fridge freezer, two large
: bookcases - and the cats. The cats settled into the new house much
: better on that occasion than any of the times they've moved by van.

hm. Curious. When I moved into my current house, the stuff went by
van (about 2 miles away) but the cat went on the bike. Had no problems
with the move.

The one that *really* confused him was when I moved to the house next
door but one....

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old December 2nd 03, 02:41 PM
Chris Gerhard

Carol Hague wrote:

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.

But was the cat wearing a h*lm*t? Could it be frightened by the flash from
a speed camera?

I'll get my coat....

--
Chris dot Gerhard at btclick dot com.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:49 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:41:16 +0000 (UTC), Chris Gerhard
wrote:

Carol Hague wrote:

I was attempting to actually inject a ride report into the endless
morass of h*lm*t rants and speed camera drivel. The cat was instrumental
in bringing the ride about so I thought it germane to mention him. As
for instance, someone describing a ride to the pub might mention what
the beer was like.

But was the cat wearing a h*lm*t?

You mean something like this...

http://www.ximenes.org.uk/img/cat41.jpg

?

Colin
Old December 2nd 03, 03:03 PM
Peter Clinch

Carol Hague wrote:

I think everybody's taken too many Grumpy Pills this week.

The weather round here certainly has. One of those days where real
daylight has just never really happened. Hey ho, it gives me a chance
to do a darkness and rain combined test of the Big 8. Deep joy... ;-/

But back to animal portage, I note that the upcoming issue of VeloVision
(due in a couple of days) has a cover picture and feature article on
transporting dogs by bike. I imagine some of it may be applicable to
cats to a degree.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch University of Dundee
Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital

Old December 2nd 03, 03:47 PM
Tony Raven

Ack, Tony - get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

My bed has two wrong sides in the morning but I usually degrouch after the
first cup of coffee ~(_8^(|)

Tony

Long wet Coker ride, with metaphorical nettles Mikefule Unicycling 9 August 7th 04 09:33 AM
Cades Cove Loop Ride... chirokid Unicycling 14 November 3rd 03 12:55 PM
3 Gap Ride Report rubic Unicycling 1 October 1st 03 04:08 PM
Almost epic muni ride john_childs Unicycling 17 September 28th 03 04:21 AM
2003 RSVP (post ride ramblings) William Higley, Sr. Recumbent Biking 0 August 11th 03 02:07 AM