OK Let's Play Nice

Old June 29th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Riding on Water (was: OK Let's Play Nice)

Tom Kunich, a real person, wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
"jim beam" wrote:

and here we are, yet another factless, useless, meaningless
lightweight "contribution" from tom sherman. nothing changes.

Yes, without "jim beam" stalking Jobst Brandt, where would we be?

Come on Tom - Jim Beam stalks just about anyone that knows what they're
talking about. He is fixated in the belief that he alone walks on water.

So do I as long as it's frozen.

Jobst rides his bicycle on water: http://sheldonbrown.com/brandt/ice.html.

If you are going to venture out on the ice, read this first:
http://www.crrel.usace.army.mil/ierd/ice_safety/safety.html.

Old June 29th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Default OK Let's Play Nice

Mark wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
"jim beam" wrote:
Tom Sherman wrote:
"jim beam" wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
I realize that there are people here who posting in an irritating
manner. Not the least of whom is myself. But this is a technical
group so we ought to try and maintain a little more precision and
a little less demeanor.

1. it's the /type/ of demeanor that you're having a problem with,
not the fact that they have one - all people have some kind of a
demeanor.

2. you requesting "precision" is a joke - you can't even bother
with facts, let alone a dictionary.

[how's that for soliciting your intended type of response?]

Cool - the RBR bot engages the RBT bot in battle!

and here we are, yet another factless, useless, meaningless
lightweight "contribution" from tom sherman. nothing changes.

Yes, without "jim beam" stalking Jobst Brandt, where would we be?

I know which one is de more knowledgeable, but which one is de meaner?

genuine lol! 10 points.
Old June 29th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

"jim beam" wrote:

and here we are, yet another factless, useless, meaningless
lightweight "contribution" from tom sherman. nothing changes.

Yes, without "jim beam" stalking Jobst Brandt, where would we be?

Come on Tom - Jim Beam stalks just about anyone that knows what they're
talking about.

eh? so jobstian extrusions /do/ have bead welds??? so jobstian metal
fatigue /can/ be eliminated from a material with no endurance limit? so
a jobstian load calculation /is/ in fact a strength calculation? so
jobstian wire stiffness /has/ no effect on tensiometer deflection? so
jobstian frame shimmy /is/ gyroscopically induced? so jobst /hasn't/
polluted an entire industry with his underinformed bull**** for 30+ years?

kunich, you're a ****ing moron.

He is fixated in the belief that he alone walks on water.

So do I as long as it's frozen.

see above.

all i want, is that the above kind of bull**** STOP. cycling is a great
sport and industry. lack of correct information, and worse, propagation
of outright stupidity, cost people money. and for young engineers
starting out [this /is/ supposed to be a tech forum] it starts them off
down the wrong road entirely.

apart from his recent utterances on extrusions, his all time #1 bull****
propagation that causes people to use excess spoke tension has trashed
countless rims, consequently ruined countless rides and cost both
individuals and the industry millions. millions - all due to the
relentlessly ignored and mis-propagated mistake of one underinformed,
pig-headed, unteachable, stubborn, arrogant old man. and morons like
you stand around applauding.

Old June 29th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

agcou wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:17:31 -0700, jim beam wrote:

since when was calling a bull****ter on their bull**** "stalking"???

I also think you're a Jobst stalker, but I find it funny so I won't give
you **** about it. What matters is what you think, if everyone else thinks
you're a stalker but in your heart you know you aren't, then screw 'em.

as i've just said to that moron kunich, i just want the bull**** to
stop. if jobst paid attention and corrected his mistakes, revised his
book, fixed his "faq's", and worked as hard to spread truth as he's
worked to spread his bull****, i'd not only quit, i'd help and applaud
him every step of the way.

absent any desire to do that of course, jobst continues to play to the
one tactic that seems to work for him - ability to bamboozle those
without sufficient tech background to know if he's bull****ting or not.
absent sufficient knowledge, some people get suckered in by his
attacker/victim switcheroo tactics every single time. given an ounce of
charm and/or charisma, jobst has all the tactical weaponry to have been
one of those outstanding politicians who get away with brazen lies,
/and/ have the audience on their feet begging to get shafted again.

Old July 1st 08, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_2_]

On Jun 28, 5:00*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
I realize that there are people here who posting in an irritating manner.
Not the least of whom is myself. But this is a technical group so we ought
to try and maintain a little more precision and a little less demeanor.

Whaddya, new?!? :-P

Bill "Google Groups Blows Chunks" S.

I]v Play to win ! I]v Dina Racing 0 February 12th 06 07:45 AM
IUb. Play to win ! IUb. Polly Racing 0 February 9th 06 11:33 AM
How much play in a hub? D.M. Procida UK 16 November 18th 05 12:33 AM
PLAY HERE Claire Petersky General 0 October 12th 04 12:29 AM